cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Blixed
Journeyman III

FPS counter showing N/A. Why can't it monitor my FPS?

Inside of Radeon software and in the overlay I can't get a reading on my fps. It doesn't matter if I'm on my desktop or playing a game. I never get a reading. It just says FPS: N/A, but every other metric works fine.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RX 5700

MOBO: ASUS ROG b350 f

0 Likes
6 Replies
OvFire
Adept I

Apologies this is not a solution, but just echoing I have the exact same problem.
Obviously, this is happening even when I'm running a fullscreen game for instance.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
  • MOBO: TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
  • Sw Version: Radeon Software 21.10.2

Are you guys having this problem with every driver?

Very old thread I understand, but I've been updating my drivers this whole time and yes. Even after multiple updates my FPS still shows "N/A".

0 Likes
kk_kenny
Journeyman III

In case anyone finds this topic I found a fix by accident. I have the fx580 with an ASUS VS247 and was using the DVI connector (did not like how HDMI handled). Was reading up on a new monitor and changes to HDMI and realized I may have been using a really old cable so upgraded to a 2.0 cable and worked like a charm PLUS my FPS is back and performance reports now show up.

Have to wonder if AMD is no longer supporting older video connections.

0 Likes
stu
Journeyman III

exactly the same issue was working fine until this morning. red devil rx6700xt, ryzen 7 5700g, b550 aorus pro-p

KaiserV
Journeyman III

I fixed mine by switching to my second monitor, then I went back to "extended screen" and then in the recording tab in adrenaline, I selected my primary monitor.