Adept II

FPS counter not showing with other overlay stats

Radeon Software Version - 18.11.2

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 580 Series

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1411 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Under planet coaster the performance monitor overlay was working fine showing fps, gpu stats etc. I turned on the memory use stat temporary which also worked but when I later disabled it the fps counter vanished even though it is turned on. Resetting the performance monitor and switching fps on and off never makes it re-appear even restarting the game. All other stats show except the fps one.

0 Likes
6 Replies
alseu
Challenger

Radeon Software Version - 18.12.1

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 580 Series

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1350 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit) ver.1809

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

I have the exactly same issue. Resetting relive or any other adrenaline settings doesn't make fps metric showing again while all other stats work well. Only reinstalling a driver completely temporary solves the problem while it comes again after a while.

0 Likes

You need to report it to AMD > Online Service Request | AMD

pschorr1123
Adept I

I have the same issue only with the newer driver 19.1.1.

Radeon Software Edition: Adrenaline 19.1.1

Graphics Chipset: RX Vega64 Liquid

Memory: 8192

Memory Type: HBM2

Core Clock-1650mhz

HBM2 clock-945MHZ

Win Ver: Win 10 1709 64bit

System RAM: 16GB Samsung B-Die ICs @ 3200 14,14,14,14,28,42

CPU- R7 2700X

I originally tried to upgrade from 18.10.1 to 19.1.1 but ran into thread_stuck_in_device_driver BSOD due to MSI afterburner starting up with Windows.

Removed Afterburner and no issues running newer driver but now can't monitor FPS. Having to reinstall the driver periodically as a temporary fix isn't much of a solution.

I did notify AMD via the online service request linked above.

Also wanted to add Radeon Settings.exe keeps crashing and being restarted in fresh install of Windows 10.

0 Likes
yany
Adept I

Radeon Driver 19.6.x, 19.7.x, Vega 64 and RX480. Both have the same issue: the fps counter is hidden occasionally. All other stats are visible, except the fps counter. I don't know how to reproduce, but only computer restart helps.

azimech49
Journeyman III

I found out that stopping the AMD Radeon Settings process from the Task Manager and opening again from the desktop context menu, will make the FPS counter again in the overlay.