cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Mark-025
Adept I

Fps boost when using overlay

Hi, I recently got an 6750xt and today I tried to undervolt+OC my gpu and it works good. The problem is when i played beamng at Ultra I noticed fps drops so I turned on the overlay to check and fps went to a higher number, also the gpu usage increased, maybe the gpu is not using the profile I set and running on stock?. I don't understand why I receive this "boost" when using the adrenaline overlay, so how I can have all the performances without overlay on?

4 Replies
Mark-025
Adept I

I think I found a solution to this, raising min freq close to max freq give me more fps, but why this happens?

I have a 6650xt and i noticed a drop in fps using the msi afterburner overlay. This just occurs in Beamng. All of my other games GTA5, Borderlands 3, Apex legends, all dont get an fps drop at all. Beamng drops 75% of its original fps which is crazy to me. I also noticed my ram usage was up to 18g which is high. Do you have any recommendations as you have seemed to figure out your problem. Im really aiming towards the high ram usage. Rather than low fps because as soon as Im not using msi afterburner my fps goes back up, tho it goes up slow it eventually goes back up.

I can't tell you what is wrong with msi afterburner but as I heard it's better to use the tuner in adrenaline, I played Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition with raytracing and all settings at ultra and worked fine and smoothly so I'm starting to think it's a problem of optimization of Beamng afterall it's always an early access game maybe in the future the developers will fix this problem.

0 Likes
whawke
Journeyman III

I'm experiencing the same thing on my new 6950 xt with the latest drivers.

0 Likes