cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

plumboby
Miniboss

Found a work around the dx9 driver issue since the Andrenaline update.

Hey guys new member new AMD graphics card user. Theres a lot of abuse about the new Adrenaline update throwing out dx9 titles making AMD look bad. Its a bug in the system fortunately i havnt struck the issue as i downloaded free clean drivers as i installed the new card & done a full registry & hard drive clean of any errors or mis matched drivers from previous videocard. The simplist solution which works which this effects some people not all is I use CC Cleaner for cleaning excess crap off my system & run the registry cleaner to clear up any errors reseting to defult  before i install any new drivers or updates with anything i install highly recommended with a virus scan as well. After i install the AMD drivers i done a cc clean on the registry to clean any buggy or error files before that cause an issue. Most issues are arising is from the update from previous drivers to the new updated 1's its annoying it does happen tho there is a bug there thats effecting some not all & not previous drivers. Quickest work around i have found from a modder m8 which i suggested & he's done was a full dig into the driver directory for the AMD drivers in the Adrenaline batch. Go threw the old game driver files & copy & past all the older files from the previous update file to the new 1. Whats been found in some that a bug has either over written or wiped the dx9 files due to OS update cycle or because of update has duplicated or wiped assoiated files to run the game. Takes a bit of digging but if your technically minded a few vids on U Tube of diffrent errors due to corrupt files from updates. Fortunate i havnt had the issue as i done a clean install with a brand new video card & done a full clean up before even trying, coz of the rumors & some trolling on the forums by nvidia users abusing the AMD forums about the issue. Atm there are alot of nvidia users & trolls working for nvidia trolling trying to ruin the devs atm with bug fixing. The comment about AMD not holding up to fixing the dx9 issue was because of a nvidia user on a trolling account doing exactly what nvidia wanted to upset people to buy the over priced garbage nvidia sell. Am new to AMD but hope this info might be able to help. Right now i been abusing the nvidia idiots coz of the bias opinions & conspiracies that nvidia is pushing to ruin AMD name. AMD is working on a solution atm & there are a few work arounds if things get desperate use GOG galaxy & import your games from steam threw. Some of this bug has come from the steam interface as well which hasnt been fixed yet as Nvidia is bribing Steam with all this $ to push AMD out. I downloaded a game threw steam just today with heaps of nvidia driver been pumped into it. If in doubt do a validation in steam of all games you wanna play before trying to play. This is a bug that been for seen so be patient. I do alot of testing & always open minded with learning dont blame AMD trust me this is only a minor issue in the bigger part of the equation.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved in Crimson 18.1.1.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
jakslap
Challenger

The situation got out of hand not because of "Nvidia conspiracy theory" its because ray_m basically said a statement which was understood my many that they are not going to fix it cause the game is over ten years old and locked the thread.

If he just replied something like i don't know i will pass the information to our engineering team and didn't lock the thread, the new outlets would have not reported on the issue. Now other issues are under the spot light now like OpenGL issues, that have been ignored and also threads have been locked by the same admin.

plumboby
Miniboss

Admin maybe a nvidia mole to cause chaos as if hes meant be working for AMD would have given some what decent answer. Somethings up with all the tech companies since Intels woopsy with its processors.Clarity will prevail expect a proper respond. Tho this bug hasnt effected all user hasnt effected me tho there are a few work arounds coming up to alleviate a few problems

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Given a few dx9 titles including Skyrim on dx9 & running prety smooth on maxed out settings on a rx560 4g with latest Adrenaline drivers software & even uploaded footage on U Tube dont know where the bug has come threw in some systems but so far so good testing most my dx9 title for the testing purposes & so far are working. Goten me puzzled why certain people are experiencing issues but thinking maybe corrupted files on updates from operating sytem files & registry not been clean throwing errors that have glitched drivers. Weird issue but done some in depth testing even a few m8s running AMD cards with latest drivers testing these issue been hit or miss. Tho my method i used when i booted my new card seems to be the best way as i got a m8 to test it with a new card & all there dx9 games are running, on Windows10 Pro 64bit latest Andrenaline drivers as well.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved in Crimson 18.1.1.

0 Likes