cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

duhboy
Newcomer

FortniteBR still crashes even with 18.7.1

So my fortnite crashes randomly sometimes every game, sometimes every other game and sometimes i can play for like 3 games before it crashes.
It's so annoying, been happening since season 5, i'll provide specs:
390x 6600k 16gb ram

I'll attach dxdiag aswell, not really sure if that the driver issue or the game issue, but i reported it like 50 times already so might aswell post here.
If you need anything else that might help let me know.

0 Likes
8 Replies

According to the following thread this is a long standing issue that seems to plauge the game regardless of Video Card model or maker on the Red or Green team. It even appears to be an issue on consoles from what I briefly read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/6owv1n/game_keeps_crashing/

0 Likes
programcrazy
Adept I

This happens to me too! And it suddenly started when season 5 rolled out. A lot of people are getting it too.

Season 5 Game Crash - Forums

1300x

RX 580 4gb

1x8gb ram 2133

0 Likes

Well there are no driver errors shown, only the appcrash 'bad module info'.

Many posts on the web for that in relation to fortnite.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
royaller
Journeyman III

My fortnite keeps crashing mid game since fortnite last update... It just freezes and I got an error msg. If it's an amd problem I hope don't take too long to solve, I got friends with worse pcs specs and they're just playing fine.

0 Likes

Any of you guys having this as new issue need to send AMD bug report on this. The more they get the more serious they take the issue. These are user to user forums not AMD driver guys here. Send a bug report too: AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Likes
skiv
Journeyman III

I've found that using 18.3.3 drivers helps with crashes and blackscreens

0 Likes
highflyer03
Journeyman III

I have the same problems as well, I just updated my driver and since then its been crashing every single game.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread where this issue is being discussed, please leave your feedback there.

Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"