cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Georgien
Adept I

fortnite performance mode issues

hello, it been a while that i have some fps issue in fortnite with my rx 570 8go nitro + so i thought i should buy a new graphic card, so i stay in amd and i bought a rx6700 xt, i try it on horizon zero dawn and i was very very happy about it because i get a lot more fps but when i play fortnite i get like 80-120 fps and it drops a lot. I can't play anymore when i start a buildfight my fps drop to 50-60 fps. Now i regret buying it, i try everything and the only way to get a little more stable fps is to play on dx12 and settings set at max. I really regret buying this rx6700xt, if someone can help me please because i don't want to buy a 3070 and to empty my wallet.

6 Replies

Everytime i play fortnite with my radeon pro w6600, well i always use older drivers from 2021 Enterprise 21.q4 and i play the game just fine at dx12 settings, everything max, but i keep shadows on high and i get around 80-100fps, stays around in the 80s when fighting. Also make sure you don't have ray tracing on lol, i mean i don't have it on it drains fps big time.

Maybe try enterprise 21.q4, it should work with your card. 

redamd
Adept I

I got performance mode issues as well when I play Fortnite as I'd get 30-55fps. I put all the settings to Low to try to get the best performance possible.

I tried DX12 to see if I can get better performance and I find that it looks awesome except the game is unstable in that the game has a high chance of crashing. When it does work the fps can hover from 20's into 30fps and experience drops too while on Low settings.

0 Likes

Try older drivers. See if they work better 

0 Likes

which one ?

0 Likes

yeah i tried dx12 aswell but i can't play with, too much details there is some zone with low-light and some shadows. i will stay in dx12 but if there is a solution to play with performance mode i will switch directly to perf mode. thanks for your answer

0 Likes
CGC
Adept II

This game needs a powerful CPU, I have an R 7 3800 XT installed in conjunction with the RX 6800 and the game works great on epic graphics settings in the DX 12 with RT on.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cJBkXrf9KZQ&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

gennaz
0 Likes