cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gunbase
Adept II

Fortnite performance issues

How have we still got no word on when this will be fixed it is the #1 most downloaded free to play game in the world and for almost a month since 4-28-2022 its been broken its always been rough  but this is inexcusable. I'm almost ready to start warning others not to buy AMD because the unreliability. 

1 Solution

If Matt says it is a legit thing, it is.

I just got lucky I guess. The way it works for me is if I set my max framerate to 240 and use these settings at 1080p Fullscreen I run, outside of the waiting area, 240 to 200 fps.

This is with a 6800 XT and a 3700X with 32GB of RAM. No Raytracing.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 172613.png

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

View solution in original post

8 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What hardware do you have?

What are the issues you are facing?

Are you using Freesync or Adaptive Sync?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

don't feel like listing everything but ive been playing for almost 5 years so i know its just the last driver update.

0 Likes

So how do you expect to get help if you refuse to provide info?

i suggest you go back to older drivers, from back when it worked .

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I had issues for a bit with my RX 6800 XT.

Fortnite would jump from 240fps to 30fps and just spike like that the whole time I would play. It made the game less than fun to play. It turned out the game does not like Freesync and I had to change a couple other settings in Adrenaline and in Fortnite's graphical settings.

You can easily get most games to work if you tweak the right settings.

I legitimately want to help, my friend.

If you do want help I can try to troubleshoot with you. 

0 Likes

Not OP but I have a 5950X and a 6950XT, I have tweaked every setting you can think of. While I can get the FPS high enough (should be higher) there are still very prominent stutters that plague the game and make it very unenjoyable. I made a post about it and was told by Matt to watch a much earlier thread from late last year. AMD has acknowledged the issue and even has it under the "known issues" in the driver release notes. I am hoping this gets taken care of soon. I only really play Fortnite because my wife is currently obsessed with it and we play together most nights as our way of bonding and relaxing. Lets just say this performance issue hasnt been relaxing. I am hoping we can get some more information out of them other than an acknowledgement . 

If Matt says it is a legit thing, it is.

I just got lucky I guess. The way it works for me is if I set my max framerate to 240 and use these settings at 1080p Fullscreen I run, outside of the waiting area, 240 to 200 fps.

This is with a 6800 XT and a 3700X with 32GB of RAM. No Raytracing.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 172613.png

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread to discuss a known issue affecting Fortnite performance. Please use that to provide your feedback and track future status updates.
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/fortnite-fps-drops-using-dx11-and-performance-mode/m-p...