cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gn50
Journeyman III

fortnite issues with new driver install

just installed 18.7.1 and now fortnite wont launch. keep getting Display driver stopped responding and has recovered error yet fortnite never loads.

specs: win 7 64 bit, radeon pro r9 360

plz help

1 Solution
7 Replies
marya11
Adept I

Tengo el mismo problema y muchas otras personas más!!! Estoy esperando que el support de AMD nos pueda ayudar y dar alguna respuesta ya que Epic Games no dice nadaaaa...

Mi laptop es una HP, con win10, AMD Radeon R7 M360

El crash del UE4 de Fortnite se dió después de actualizar a la nueva versión de los drivers, pasando de la 18.5.1 a la 18.7.1... Esta versión en vez de mejorar todo, lo que hizo fue arruinarlo!! Por favor!! AYUDA!! ASAP!!!

0 Likes

bigorrilho
Journeyman III

I´m having the same issue with radeon r7 450 , tried with driver 18.5.1 but during the game crashs...  with 18.7.1  no way to load the game... i paid a lot of moey in this card i´m furious kkkk

0 Likes
marya11
Adept I

People, I managed to solve, and this is what I did:

1. Download the DDU program (Display Driver Uninstaller version 17.0.9.0) https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

2. Download the AMD Radeon driver version 18.5.1 (It is the last one that still supports Fortnite) https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...ase-Notes.aspx

3. Run the windows in Safe Mode

4. Once in safe mode, execute the DDU program and click on "Clean and Restart" * Your drivers will be uninstalled and the computer will reboot itself *

5. Once in the windows in Normal Mode, install the driver 18.5.1 that you downloaded in step 2.

6. During the installation, at the end they must reboot the pc.

This should work for them, since this version is compatible with Fortnite. The problem is when you try to write versions, jumping from one to the other, and worse if you have to go back to the previous one, and do not do a correct uninstall. In my case, I could not even uninstall version 18.7.1 ... I suffered a bit but I did it with that DDU program. AMD support told me via e-mail that they are aware of the situation and that they are working on it.

You can check the status of your graphics drivers by right clicking on the windows icon> Device Manager> Display Adapters. If a yellow exclamation mark comes out then something is not installed correctly.

Eye: The warning that you have to update the driver, will keep appearing when you try to open the Fortnite, just ignore it and close it. Do not update anything until AMD / Epic Games makes an official announcement about a new compatible and functional driver.

I hope it helps you :D!

0 Likes

I did all steps as you but used 18.6.1 and fortnite works.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 1:03 AM, marya11<amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

#yiv4183031620 * #yiv4183031620 a #yiv4183031620 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv4183031620 #yiv4183031620 h1, #yiv4183031620 h2, #yiv4183031620 h3, #yiv4183031620 h4, #yiv4183031620 h5, #yiv4183031620 h6, #yiv4183031620 p, #yiv4183031620 hr {}#yiv4183031620 .yiv4183031620button td {}

|

Community

Re: fortnite issues with new driver install

in Drivers & Software

People, I managed to solve, and this is what I did:

1. Download the DDU program (Display Driver Uninstaller version 17.0.9.0) https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

2. Download the AMD Radeon driver version 18.5.1 (It is the last one that still supports Fortnite) https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...ase-Notes.aspx

3. Run the windows in Safe Mode

4. Once in safe mode, execute the DDU program and click on "Clean and Restart" * Your drivers will be uninstalled and the computer will reboot itself *

5. Once in the windows in Normal Mode, install the driver 18.5.1 that you downloaded in step 2.

6. During the installation, at the end they must reboot the pc.

This should work for them, since this version is compatible with Fortnite. The problem is when you try to write versions, jumping from one to the other, and worse if you have to go back to the previous one, and do not do a correct uninstall. In my case, I could not even uninstall version 18.7.1 ... I suffered a bit but I did it with that DDU program. AMD support told me via e-mail that they are aware of the situation and that they are working on it.

You can check the status of your graphics drivers by right clicking on the windows icon> Device Manager> Display Adapters. If a yellow exclamation mark comes out then something is not installed correctly.

Eye: The warning that you have to update the driver, will keep appearing when you try to open the Fortnite, just ignore it and close it. Do not update anything until AMD / Epic Games makes an official announcement about a new compatible and functional driver.

I hope it helps you :D!

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

I can not believe that to solve the problems of AMD every time we must go back to the previous versions, it is absolutely not amissibile!

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the original discussion to provide your feedback of this Known Issue.

0 Likes