cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PojaAnti
Journeyman III

Fortnite FPS Drops Using DX11 and Performance Mode

Hey! we have issue with drivers to play fortnite (performance mode). 

With dx12 i can play solid 200fps lock but with performance mode it’s 70 fps. We need new drivers for AMD to play it correctly. Thank you!

BE63593F-F946-49D1-B0E4-D365E96E4E62.png

Specs: 

3600x, 16gbram, radeon rx5700xt.

163 Replies
Sniikz9k
Journeyman III

Re: FORTNITE PERFORMANCE MODE FPS DROP

have the same problem with a rx 6700 xt

Sniikz9k
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with the Rx 6700 xt. Did you find the problem or is it due to AMD drivers?

UserAguman
Journeyman III

Performance Mode in Fortnite runs on DirectX11.

Multi-threaded rendering is disabled in this mode so that's why you're experiencing framerate drops as this will make your Ryzen processor mostly utilize one of its core.

Performance Mode was designed for players who have low-end computers. You won't benefit from using this mode, it's better to run your game on DirectX12 with multi-threaded rendering enabled.

flyxytk
Adept III

Thats right but there is another thing that seems weird to me

I have really bad FPS drops on Performance mode on a 5700 XT sometimes even to the 70s when im looking at Lazy Lake the FPS seems locked there. I found out that my hardware isnt even utilized that much. The CPU and GPU are sitting at 30% and none of the 12 Threads of my Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.3 GHz is utilized over 80%. And if I change the use Feature Level (ES31) to false my FPS are significantly higher (Im talking about double the FPS) but then you cant choose the 3D meshes. So it is definitly an optimization problem bc the hardware is bored while playing but the FPS are dropping.

sajjadcool
Journeyman III

yeah having to same problem stable fps on dx12 and bad fps on dx11 and performance i want my refund why did i bought a amd gpu give me my refund you dont know how many years i saved my money for to a gaming pc and cant even play a game

Stjauts
Adept I

Please fix this !!! performance mode is unplayable

sl55
Adept I

This problem exitsts a long time. From my opinion it comes only with AMD CPU and AMD GPU. Same GPU with Intel Cpu does not dropping frames.

Stjauts
Adept I

so you think getting a Nvidia GPU will fix it?

sl55
Adept I

I do not play fortnite but having the same issue with armored warfare. AMD GPU + CPU FPS hard FPS drops. Same Card with Intel CPU no FPS drops in this game. AMD Cpu + Nvidia Card (1070 TI) no FPS drops in this Game.

I have a RX 6600 XT. A friend of me had exactly the same experience with a RX 6800 XT.