cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KorraVarnas
Journeyman III

Fortnite catastrophic system failure with Instant Replay/In-Game overlay turned on.

So, the issue I'm facing is with my Fortnite game post the last two driver updates. Performance is better on my 7900 XTX but with specifically Fortnite this setting in adrenaline causes my entire pc to freeze and hang and the only thing that brings it back is a complete power cycle. I've tried the instant replay setting in both hard drive and system memory mode. I went crazy changing settings until I finally penned down which one was causing it so no one else had to. Now I'm not sure if this is a issue specific on my pc or not. I've done malware scans and the whole shebang to make sure its not something like that, but I don't think an issue with a specific game could be caused by that. I checked my temps and they're not out of the ordinary ranging like 68-70C under load in the game. 92C on the junction which is warm but not out of spec. I did a Memtest to make sure it wasn't my ram and it didn't come back with errors. If it was a BSOD I could give you the crash dump but I don't think windows makes dumps for hard hangs. I also get a Driver timeout in FFXIV in borderless window, but not in Fullscreen. Not sure what that's about but at least its easy to avoid.

PC Specifications:
Mobo: Gigabyte AORUS ELITE X570 Wifi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XTX (Reference model variant)
RAM: 2x8gb G.Skill RipJaws V Series DDR-3600 Memory Model F4-3600C16D-16GVKC
PSU: EVGA 850 GQ  850-Watt
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 build 19045.2846

0 Likes
0 Replies