cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

oldmanlight
Adept I

Fortnite BR Spotlight/Fog/white screen bug appearing in game since 18.2.1 Driver

Started playing Fortnite Battle Royale again recently and at first i thought i was playing on a map with fog but then it became apparent that i was experiencing a graphical glitch that sounds specific to AMD users on 18.2.1 from this thread i found on the epic games forum.  I'm running a XFX R9 390 on 18.2.1 at 1080p on the Ultra preset.  From what i can tell, it's like the game doesn't stop rendering the menu lighting and fog and carries it into the actual game on my client because the battle buss appears to have a spotlight cone over it in the exact way it's over your character model in the menu.  Haven't tried 18.2.2 but i didn't see it addressed in the notes so wanted to see if others were having this issue too.  It seemed like the issue may be triggered by switching between tabs quickly while the game is matchmaking and the thread below states that changing shadow quality to the "medium" setting does fix the rendering as a workaround.
Very heavy fog / white screen with Patch 2.4.0 in Save the World - Forums

1 Solution
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the Adrenalin 18.2.3 drivers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
gogx
Journeyman III

+1 rx480

0 Likes
chucky
Adept II

Yep, same here with an Rx470 and version 18.2.2. Is that what they meant by "increased game performance"?!

0 Likes
ctodo
Journeyman III

Same here on a Rx480 and 18.2.2 driver update

0 Likes
distantgoth
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with my Rx580 8GB on 18.2.2

0 Likes
hamburgergamer
Journeyman III

All I found was to set the shadow quality to medium, or switch from low graphics on everything to low, then back to ultra.
This happened to me, too, and all I did was set the shadow quality to medium.

0 Likes
jose203
Adept I

I have the same issue

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the Adrenalin 18.2.3 drivers.