cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stonewales
Adept I

FOR AMD SYSTEMS ONLY

AMD drivers just dropped out saying FOR AMD SYSTEMS ONLY in a tab when i ran the file so put it in safe mode and install them

So boot in safe mode run the AMD driver starts (great) then pops up in window stopping it - The windows installer service is not accessible in safe mode . please try again when the computer is not in safe mode or you can use system restore to return your machine to previous good state.

close the windows driver stops

System retore is not on any of my drives i do my own backups before any windows updates

any work around this or another way to get the AMD drivers to updat without a tab opening with FOR AMD SYSTEMS ONLY

0 Likes
1 Solution

A friend said to use device manager and remove any drivers which is not (Microsoft or AMD) had two intel drivers one was for rapid storage tech and another was a network adapter did uninstall and then used ccleaner to fix any reg problems restarted and now the AMD chipset installer works...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies

So what non amd hardware do you have.

Read the 'Information required .........' and post info. then someone may be able to offer suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

ryzen 7 3700x, B550 asus tuf gaming-plus, noctua NH-D14 , 2 x 8gb 3600 kit , WD Black SN750 with Heatsink, 2 TB , MSI Radeon RX 5700 MECH OC 8GB , EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+

0 Likes

And your OS and build version #.

You are downloading driver direct from AMD ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Windows 10 -upto date

amd site download

0 Likes

Try a previous driver, if you get the same pop up post a pic of it.

I have not seen or heard of that message myself.

0 Likes

amd sysytems onlyamd sysytems only

and this is what comes up with admin or not and like i have said cannot get passed windows problem to install in safe mode...

0 Likes

A friend said to use device manager and remove any drivers which is not (Microsoft or AMD) had two intel drivers one was for rapid storage tech and another was a network adapter did uninstall and then used ccleaner to fix any reg problems restarted and now the AMD chipset installer works...

0 Likes