Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

machtan
Adept I

Flickering and blinking - ASUS TUF RX 6700 XT

Here's my pickle:

SO I got this brand-spanking-new ASUS TUF RX 6700 XT (finally) and I've been with it for almost a week. Since then I've got the occasional flickering and/or blinking screens.

PC does not crash, but it does seem to readjust my windows, as if changing resolution. Never happened during gaming so I assume it is the driver being a c**t when not dealing with fullscreen or some other related thing, but I am not knowledgeable enough on this.

DDU'd twice since install, driver up to latest stable version (22.5.1) and Freesync is DISABLED for both my screens since it seems it caused such issues in past versions, but doing so did not do away with the flickers.

My last two options are a BIOS update (last update was sometime last year) and a clean Windows install. Both options I want to avoid if possible.

My setup:

MB: Asus TUF B550M-Plus;

CPU: R7 3700X;

GPU: Asus TUF RX  6700XT;

RAM: 16gb running at 3600 mHz;

PSU: Corsair RM1000i;

NVMe: WD Green SN350 (holds the OS);

Some SATAs for data hoarding;

0 Likes
1 Solution
vialli100
Forerunner

Your system is very similar to mine..

I am using 22.3.1 as the release notes for 22.5.1 say there could be screen flicker with 6700 XT..

Try disabling Enhanced sync as that is also in the release notes..

I don't get any problems at all with 22.3.1.. with enhanced sync and freesync enabled..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Your system is very similar to mine..

I am using 22.3.1 as the release notes for 22.5.1 say there could be screen flicker with 6700 XT..

Try disabling Enhanced sync as that is also in the release notes..

I don't get any problems at all with 22.3.1.. with enhanced sync and freesync enabled..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Thanks, mate. It seems to have worked.

Changed the driver to version 22.3.1, been using for a few hours. No flickers or artifacts. And saved me from a new Windows install and the hassle of re-installing all my work applications and the BIOS "oh my god may the lights don't go out in the next half hour" experience.

Cheers.

vialli100
Forerunner

Good stuff, glad it helped..

Hope it continues, your system is a close match to mine..

0 Likes

Hey guys,

I think I have the same problem, but not only does my screen flicker, but also weird black stripes and shadows are there when I start a game. i tried to install 22.3.1, but I dont think this worked. I have this problem for around 2weeks now, can you help me? I also have freesync enabled

0 Likes

I am not knowledgeable, as I said before. But I think it would help to have more information.

System specs?

0 Likes

GPU:AMD Radeon RX 570

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6core, 12 Thread Processor

RAM:Crucial Ballistix Gaming Memory 16GB Kit (2x 8GB)

I am running this on windows 10

Monitor: AOC 24G2W1G4,1920x1080 HD,144Hz,8-Bit

Im sry I do this the first time

0 Likes

I found a reddit thread about flickers on the RX570, but it involves teaking the voltages and clocks on both the GPU and memory. I personally have zero know-how on these matters. Sorry.

Hope someone more capable finds this.

0 Likes

I found the ultimate fix for screen flickering on the 6700XT ASUS TUF.

After 4 month of searching it was this simple. 

Download MorePowerTool: https://www.igorslab.de/en/download-area-new-version-of-morepowertool-mpt-and-final-release-of-redbi...

Download TechPowerUp GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/

Save your BIOS with TechPowerUp GPU-Z 

Open MorePowerTool

Load your BIOS with MorePowerTool

Go to Feature Control and uncheck GFXOFF

Click on Write SPPT

Reboot! 

Work on latest driver 23.12.1

I have also reflash my BIOS with the original bios :  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/231517/asus-rx6700xt-11264-210122

For testing I have retest with GFXOFF and the screen flickering always return after rebooting. 

0 Likes