Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
Driver version installed: 19.12.2
Display Devices: Samsung 32 inch 2560x1440, Display Port 1.2
Motherboard + Bios Revision: ASROCK TaiChi
CPU/APU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage: Corsair RMi 850
RAM: 16GB

Describe your issue:

The screen "blinks" or "flickers" periodically (every few minutes) during normal operation. This happens in games, in Windows applications, while streaming video - any kind of usage. It's very annoying. It only lasts a fraction of a second, so it's impossible to get a screenshot, but "flicker" describes it.

I hope AMD will address this instead of just adding more unwanted "features" to their drivers.  It doesn't matter how many features your drivers have if they don't work correctly.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
authenticglitch
Journeyman III

Re: Flicker problem with brand new RX 570!

I believe the issue(for me) is actually caused by the Performance profiles in the latest Radeon Software 19.12>, I found out that once I hit the reset button at the top right of the Performance panel, everything started working fine again, no more flickering issues! Maybe give this a try and see if it works out for you as well, even if you never made a profile or change anything. I attached an image for clarification. Reset.png

Re: Flicker problem with brand new RX 570!

Thanks very much for the response!   It does seem to be related to the settings - I tried turning Freesync off and the flicker seems to have stopped for a while.   If it comes back, I'll head right for the reset button!

0 Likes