Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
Driver version installed: 19.12.2
Display Devices: Samsung 32 inch 2560x1440, Display Port 1.2
Motherboard + Bios Revision: ASROCK TaiChi
CPU/APU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage: Corsair RMi 850
RAM: 16GB

Describe your issue:

The screen "blinks" or "flickers" periodically (every few minutes) during normal operation. This happens in games, in Windows applications, while streaming video - any kind of usage. It's very annoying. It only lasts a fraction of a second, so it's impossible to get a screenshot, but "flicker" describes it.

I hope AMD will address this instead of just adding more unwanted "features" to their drivers.  It doesn't matter how many features your drivers have if they don't work correctly.

2 Replies
authenticglitch
Journeyman III

I believe the issue(for me) is actually caused by the Performance profiles in the latest Radeon Software 19.12>, I found out that once I hit the reset button at the top right of the Performance panel, everything started working fine again, no more flickering issues! Maybe give this a try and see if it works out for you as well, even if you never made a profile or change anything. I attached an image for clarification. Reset.png

Thanks very much for the response!   It does seem to be related to the settings - I tried turning Freesync off and the flicker seems to have stopped for a while.   If it comes back, I'll head right for the reset button!

0 Likes