cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fixing to lose my mind

- Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure 

22.8.1 (after latest update) ... running AMD Radeon RX 5600XT ... 

I am basically completely frustrated, why is it that basically EVERY single update this keeps happening. This morning was a complete adventure with it, from a simple game like Railway Empire to just a standard web browsing on Microsoft Edge. 4 times in a row and I get the little pop up to report, after the 2nd time, I just did not report the issue, this has gotten to be completely frustrating. 

So, what system failed when all my drivers are updated? I'm leaning towards my GPU and the latest update as of right now. Why put out an update if the update is going to cause multiple issues? I don't know about anyone else, but I am tired of being AMD's "test dummy".  

6 Replies
stigus
Adept I

Been having the same issue for the last couple of driver releases,  however with the latest version it has added the new function of restartig my pc when ever it feels like and  no reason but "Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"  temps are very good,  5900x @ 42 - 65 rog rx480 @ 28 - 69  really useful to have no indication of  the hell is going on, I do not even use wattman which is evenmore annoying.  I am still using my rx480  and I have been waiting for over a year to buy a 6800xt to replace it with but no way I am paying nearly double the value for 2 year old tech (here in the uk) with terrible drivers. please fix! 

0 Likes
Adept III

You've got a point they should test more the drivers before releasing them 

And we should not be their test dummy's

22.8.1 was an optional update. 

Justifier_0-1660511817272.png

If you upgrade on an optional update you are signing up to be a guineapig and only have yourself to blame when you have issues

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
Justifier
Challenger

Easy fix to this.

Justifier_1-1660511962242.png

Uncheck that

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers

Keep in mind though that doing so will also stop w.e is happing to cause the pop-up from being reported to AMD, so they won't have the data for your specific rig to know how to or if they should fix it for your benefit

rawintellect
Miniboss

I have having freezing issues in 22.8.1. Here is my thread about this issue.