Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Harlock21
Adept I

[FIXED] Can not install adrenalin drivers for my ryzen 5700g apu - KB205

Hi all,

Honestly I have never suffered so much.

I am trying to install the adrenalin drivers for the vega apu embedded into my 5700g cpu but there is nothing that it makes it to work.

Have tried the resolution for the kb205 error but obviously it did not work.

Have used the DDU tool and removed any trace of the adrenalin (AMD) driver and given another shot: it did not work.

Is there any way to install the adrenalin drivers fot the 5700g apu?

I have just fresh installed Windows 10 pro with a legit key and I am forced to use the safe mode due to the new hardware.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Fixed it, it was the PSU.

View solution in original post

Hi, would like to be much more verbatim.

The problem was not the psu itself.

The power rail of the psu is not having any kind of advanced acpi compliant features as it is made of an atx rail adapter which allows an external 120w notebook power supply to handle all the power draw.

The whole pc is built in a mini itx small factor case not having the space for standard itx form factor psu - the case is an inter-tech a80s.

Due to the plain power supply solution the last advanced acpi features (enabled by default) in windows 10 where giving me all those headaches; windows was always shutting down the pc after 10 secs just passing the login.

The REAL solution was to temporary swap the psu for an itx one, disable the win 10 advanced acpi features and settle back the atx adapter + the notebook power supply.

Now it works like a charm

P.S. I ve started arguing about that once I ve noticed that my Debian 11 installation was working without a single glitch.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Please post all your computer's information including Make & Models.

Also post the exact errors you are getting when you either try to install or after installation of the AMD Driver package.

Do you have a separate GPU Card installed or are you just using the Integrated Graphics for Video Output?

0 Likes

Hi, the error is exactly the one reported by the amd kb205 faq page:

Error 205 – Radeon Software Installation Completed Successfully but Windows May Have Reverted Your Driver Version During the Process.

My HW specs:

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Gaming itx/ac updated with bios ver 4.60

Ram: Patriot Viper Elite II ddr4 4000

CPU: Ryzen 5700g

H.d. pny cs900 M2

I am not using any discrete GPU. The PC is intended to use the Apu integrated one only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Use DDU with the INTERNET DISCONNECTED so that Windows won't install a driver and delete AMD Installation folder C:\AMD.

Once the AMD Package finishes installing successfully you can again turn on the internet and again delete C:\AMD installation folder.

You can prevent Windows from installing Drivers via Windows Update.

If still are getting the similar errors please report back the issues and errors you are having.

0 Likes

I am forced to work in 'safe mode with command prompt' otherwise if I let it boot up in normal mode I get everytime a machine shutdown after 10 secs passing the login.

In safe mode with command prompt there is no network connection.

I also managed the Windows update do not handle drivers with a specific policy however I always obtain the same error.

There is no way to have not only the drivers being installed but also to have win 10 up and running normally.

I even tried to use the last 21h1 win 10 image crossing fingers that it could make the job, instead with a big surprise, the installation can not complete showing up an infamous "unexpected error message box"

Now I do not know if it is a motherboard manufacturer issue the real thing is that debian 11 with amdgpu drivers not only installs but it works.

0 Likes

Well...managed to install the drivers.

Had to install them with the administration rights (probably this was due to the safe mode).

But...do not know if I can be happy as the automatic windows shutdown was not caused by the drivers.

Now having all the apu and chipset drivers installed I am still facing the automatic shutdown 10 secs passed the login.

This does not happen in safe mode nor when I am using Linux (have created a dual boot yesterday).

Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes

Fixed it, it was the PSU.

I am surprised if the PSU was defective you were able to enter Safe Mode at all.

I didn't mention the PSU because first you didn't have a GPU Card installed and second you were able to enter Windows Safe Mode.

But glad to see you got your computer working with another PSU installed. You should mark your last reply as "Solution".

One thing I have learned is if you do a Clean Windows installation without installing any extra 3rd party drivers and the computer still crashes indicates hardware rather than software issue.

Hi, would like to be much more verbatim.

The problem was not the psu itself.

The power rail of the psu is not having any kind of advanced acpi compliant features as it is made of an atx rail adapter which allows an external 120w notebook power supply to handle all the power draw.

The whole pc is built in a mini itx small factor case not having the space for standard itx form factor psu - the case is an inter-tech a80s.

Due to the plain power supply solution the last advanced acpi features (enabled by default) in windows 10 where giving me all those headaches; windows was always shutting down the pc after 10 secs just passing the login.

The REAL solution was to temporary swap the psu for an itx one, disable the win 10 advanced acpi features and settle back the atx adapter + the notebook power supply.

Now it works like a charm

P.S. I ve started arguing about that once I ve noticed that my Debian 11 installation was working without a single glitch.

Really good troubleshooting on your part.

That is an unusual type of computer case that uses an external PSU instead of an internal PSU. I see what you mean by a Laptop power supply.

The highest rated PSU I found at the manufacturer's website is 200 Watts : https://www.inter-tech.de/en/products/case/mini-itx-nuc/itx-a80s-black

Screenshot 2021-09-21 175910.png

But I have no idea how they connect to your computer case.

0 Likes

Hi, the one that you have checked is one of the two atx rails, which I doubt to be of a good quality

I ve just ordered a new one from another company which I know will do a better job.

The atx adapter is to be connected to the motherboard while its 12 input cable has a female jack which allows a laptop power supply to be fitted in.