Fix Vega64 Fan Curve

Either give us the old fan curve back or fix it please

my card is supposed to curve from 300rpm to 1500rpm

but in reality its nothing like that since the update

it has made my Sapphire Rx Vega64 Nitro+ useless in regards to the fan curve

vl2Qnyq.jpg

0 Likes
8 Replies

I agree with you and this topic is already talked about many times since the release of the Adrenaline 2019 drivers. You also can't go to zero rpm now with a manual curve. AMD will not see what you wrote here. You need to let them know about it by opening a support ticket. The more they get the more likely they are to fix this IMHO huge issue:  Online Service Request | AMD

0 Likes

i have put a request in

but lets face it its going to goto level 1 tech's not the driver devs

i posted it here in the hope that the dev's browse around even if they dont reply to people

as i said just level 1 tech's

system restore is so flakey its totally disabled on all my systems

quite why amd support are saying to use ddu when amd have theyr own cleanup util that works just fine

and is packaged with every driver update in

win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.1.2-jan24\Bin64\AMDCleanupUtility.exe

telling a user to do this because amd have broken the fan curve is tbh laughable

anyway off to install my new drivers (which i do use the AMDCleanupUtility on every update)

e.g.

disable network connection

uninstall driver from control panel

reboot

AMDCleanupUtility

reboot

restore my relive settings via registry file ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AMD])

install new drivers

Dear Surname!!!!,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200857383]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for your email.

We acknowledged the issues regarding the fan curve setting in the latest driver 19.1.1

but I request you to give a try by performing clean installation of 19.1.2 driver by using the DDU utility and check the issue status.

To be on the safer side, I request you to please create System Restore point before performing any troubleshooting steps.

Step 1 – Please use DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previous driver. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.

Step 2 – then restart your computer again and enter into the normal windows mode.

Step 3 - install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows. (make sure windows is not installing the display driver)

Step 4 – Again restart the computer and then install 19.1.2 drivers by clicking this below link. Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file. https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-64

Please get back for further assistance

Thanks for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Tarun

AMD Global Customer Care

0 Likes

AMD should seriously educate Tarun. This is a person who must have near zero general experience in Windows and is likely giving you scripted answers. Asking you to do a system restore for this issue is insane and would likely lead to more problems. Not just graphic related either, system wide. Don't do it. A system restore is a last resort step just before a complete wipe and re-install of the OS, IMHO.

Most at AMD and most of us users, AMD and NVIDIA alike agree that when having Graphics Driver Issues that DDU is the way to go. Comparatively why it is better is that DDU only affects the display driver. AMD driver uninstall will remove all graphic drivers and all other related things when installed. Like custom resolution, game profile settings, DDU does not do this and as such you can reload the driver without having to potentially do hundreds of game profiles over again.

Now on to the AMD CLEANUP UTILITY. This utility is like using a sledge hammer to put a push-pin on a note board. When you run it, it will not only remove AMD graphics drivers, but any driver AMD related. For most users this is disastrous as they won't have on hand all the different drivers they need to load back in. If it is their only machine they may then not even be able to get back to the internet. So until AMD gives you real control options instead of wiping everything. I don't recommend it as a first line removal too, DDU is much better IMHO.

I already sent them a bug report on the fan issues I'm having and have not received any reply. I would however personally prefer nothing over the answer you got! Something that would likely make a novices request for help even worse.

Don't follow their instructions for DDU either. Read the help file that comes with DDU. It properly explains how to use it.

All that being said none of this is going to fix the fan curve. It's a bug!

0 Likes
shadow07
Adept III

Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ doesn't like custom curve or manually set up curve...

0 Likes
shadow07
Adept III

Also run Sapphire Trixx latest one and run a Fan check to if it pass?

0 Likes

Running Trixx or Afterburner and Wattman are incompatible with each other and may cause stability issues. If you are going to use 3rd party tweakers for the GPU you need to not use Radeon Settings and install driver only. 

if you just want to control the GPU fan manually without cause stability issues until AMD hopefully fixes this. Speed fan works well.

SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer 

0 Likes