cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Elite
Elite

Re: Fix for Fallout 4 WHEN?

Its defiantly a both issue man. AMD on the driver side is gpu/usage clocks, Bethesda side is not telling the gpu to say hey get to work buddy there is work to be done most of my issues are in my settlements but I have to use the last Catalyst beta driver to get good performance in Fallout 4 but like I said gpu usage is still a problem but not nearly as a large of a problem with the new Crimson drivers. Bethesda has even said its a both issue so its not bs calm your jets, and me switching drivers around from the latest Crimson and the last Beta Catalyst even shows it to be a both side issue.

The nvidia cards do get the hickups but not as bad. I know because I do own a GTX Titan and put in 700hrs into Fallout 4 on it, the thing really keeping the nvidia gpus's working most of the time I guarantee is gameworks, but there are times on my GTX Titan gpu usage was down and fps dropped but only for a second or two then it shot back up. Where AMD does not have that, even though they have assets to render, the engine is not telling the gpu to get back to work and the drivers are not saying hey get back to work.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone that has been a nvidia die hard fan for over a decade, I have switched over to AMD, I am enjoying their product I get to keep modeling in Maya, most of my games run amazing and I didn't have to dish out 1k for a GTX TitanX that is lacking workstation features like double precision.

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

Hello,

You cant blame AMD for this mess. Its the same old tactics from NVidia. Remember Borderlands 2 and dirty PhysX? A few tweaks in the config files and you could activate PhysX onto the CPU. Now days PhysX is now bound to GPU only. You understand the bigger picture.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Crimson 16.1 is here.

I've been fcking around with Crimson, trying to find a fix for weird F4 performance drops (NOT the usual drops in some cities both companies GPU's have!!!), and going back to Catalyst so many times now that i don't wanna do it again. I'm sick of uninstalling and installin again and again and again. So, has anybody tried it yet? Are compass and weird performance drops fixed?

Any info is welcome.

Adept II
Adept II

Can confirm that the compass is fixed (at least, on my R9 290 it is). Game also appears to be running smoother, but I've not tested it much in that respect and didn't honestly notice too many problems before.

Compass fixed though. It almost seems like cheating to have it back now xD

Adept II
Adept II

it fixed the compass flickering, don't know about the drops since i haven't played much.

Adept II
Adept II

genius answer, hey something new not working, use the old ones! that's how programs work, who cares about fixing issues, just get stuck in the version that works for you.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

quote: ""

""genius answer, hey something new not working, use the old ones! that's how programs work, who cares about fixing issues, just get stuck in the version that works for you.""

If you think this forum is a way to get thinks fixed, your nuts. This is a user-to-user gaming oriented forum. People trying to help other people. If you didn't want suggestions, why did you jump in? AMD has many ways to be contact about driver issues. I suggest you try them rather than make a a_ss out of yourself on a public help forum. People like you should get a gameboy.

Adept II
Adept II

Well i've tried it now and...

Compass is fixed but crappy fps lags still happpen inside buildings. They also happen in Witcher 3, AssCreed Syndicate even Mass Effect 3 for fck sake.

But i've now seen what happens. I had Overdrive at default GPU clocks and when trying Fallout 4, exiting and opening Overdrive immediately, core, memory and Power Limit sliders were lowered. Crimson did that on it's own. Setting them back to their default state or even OC-in does nothing. Games still lags.

Back to Catalyst...

0 Kudos
Elite
Elite

Yup have applied the new patch too here are my results... With Fallout 4. You think this hotfix would hotfix the issue with one of the biggest AAA titles from last year. I love the card but once you start turning stuff down in Fallout 4 to try and up the FPS it does look like total poo where when everything is cranked up it looks better on my AMD Card than it did on my NVidia card. Those wanting to know my system specs Mods Rigs

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541922206501147376/9013AE7CDC1CCCB22BEA45FB112AD7EECC4...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541922206501147840/E7FBEF81857E1CCF72972C14CDA428B857D...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541922206501148149/867F28E0A1C06325DA528189DE63ABFDD55...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541922206501148555/6E2501D126813B95AA1D555C0B3597F581E...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541922206501148860/5C600157EA2AAFE06C0B6F019C7D6A3A7F7...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541922206501149234/095591FAEB8DE36D012A43E1D99F1F07D2E...

0 Kudos
Elite
Elite

Best fix I have found so far, you get to leave tessellation alone, Godrays on Ultra alone, both setting shadow settings to high, maintain 25+ FPS if you are on Intel you need to at least achieve a 4.3ghz overclock on your I7 with your Fury X/Fury or Nano. If you do not overclock your cpu to at least 4.3ghz expect drops down to 10-19 FPS constantly... I also put in the ini tweaks so the game engine will utilize all cores and threads. I agree we should not have to overclock our cpus if we are on Fuji to get acceptable performance without it being a slide show... A bit annoyed right now at that fact but this is the only thing that works right now currently and unfortunately. If older generation & cheaper AMD refresh generation gpus do not have to do this we should not be having to do this on a 500-600 dollar plus video cards to play. So it boils down to an AMD thing and a Bethesda thing that they need to fix... like last month or this last hotfix we got but at least AMD is moving faster than Bethesda right now. I am on the fence on returning this card, swallowing my pride and letting the green weenie of nvidia shaft me again out of money paying more for less on a TitanX, I really do not want to... colors, games look way better AMD side and the games that are optimized or been out for awhile run amazing.