cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

boomwaller
Journeyman III

Fix for black screen and poor performance? Any

I got most my black screens working by uninstalling Radeon software, and then using device manager to install just the drivers. It seems most bugs are tied with the actual software as CoD would black screen, and I would have to reboot my entire PC, Destiny 2 would run just horribly, Witcher 3 would stutter, Shadow of Middle Earth black screen, Borderlands crash. All these were tested on 19.12.1, 19.12.2, 19.12.3, 20.1.2 and 20.1.3 all had similar unplayable issues.  

Anyways with all that to say almost everything I played besides LoL, and Monster Hunter World would crash or run poorly. I am on Driver 20.1.3 now but just the drive not Adrenaline.

What I did and most Reddit posters showed is remove Adrenaline. After removing do not reboot, and use device manager to manually upgrade/install the driver. Which will install just the driver without the software. If you need help doing this let me know. I will test more games and run some benchmarks today but it really does seem like the overlay/AMD software BORKS games not the actual GPU driver. Let me know if this works for you or if there is something else I can try as I would like to use the software. (I have done DDU, Safemode, and tested 19.12.1, 19.12.2, 19.12.3, 20.1.2 and 20.1.3 all break CoD, and other games listed.)

PC Specs: Saphirre Pulse 5700XT(Stock no OC by user), Ryzen 3700X (Stock no OC yet), Asus Prime X470-Pro, Corsair 3200Mhz 16GB Ram, 512GB m.2, annd Bronze rated 650 Watt PSU.   

0 Likes
1 Reply
boomwaller
Journeyman III

Well never mind CoD MW is still broke with latest driver, with or without Adrenaline. 

0 Likes