cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

acidfrehley
Journeyman III

First screen blinking when second screen is turned off

Hi all. I've been experiencing some issues with my Sapphire Radeon RX 580 since installing it last week. 

I've always used a two screen setup where my main monitor is a Dell U2410 (via displayport) and my second screen is my tv (Samsung 50RU7100 via HDMI). 

But since installing this GPU, when the second screen is turned off, my first one starts blinking and flickering nonstop. The only way to make it back to normal again is by: 

1 - turning the tv on again

2 - removing the HDMI cable from the gpu

Kind of already ruled out cables as an issue (tried 3 different HDMI cables on the tv, everyone of them already testing and working properly with other devices). 

Already reinstalled the drivers from the CD that came with the GPU. 

I don't know what else to try so figured it would be better to ask here. 

My specs: 

Asus Prime B450M Gaming/BR, Chipset B450

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz (4.2GHz Turbo)

2x DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury, 8GB 3200MHz

Sapphire, Radeon, RX 580 Pulse Dual

SSD WD Blue 1TB, Sata III

Seventeam 650w

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
3 Replies
acidfrehley
Journeyman III

Just adding that I did another clean install of the drivers, using the tools suggested. For about 24h the issue didn't showed up. I thought it was solved. But just happened again. Exactly the same issue. 

The flickering only goes off when I remove the hdmi cable from the tv, or turn the tv on. 

This is so weird, could someone please share some thoughts?

0 Likes

Does Windows detect your TV as a new monitor every time you turn the TV on from standby? A good indication would be the mouse cursor jumping to the centre of your primary monitor.

0 Likes
acidfrehley
Journeyman III

yay, thx for nothing.

0 Likes