cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zelda412
Adept II

Final Fantasy XV : Stutters sometimes (AMD Radeon software Adrenalin 18.3.2)

Hi everyone,

I noticed that when I play FFXV, I have some stutters since I updated my graphic card (Asus Strix RX 580 OC Version - 8 GB), in spite of good performance on this game. While I had not such stutter in previous version of the driver (18.3.1).

And more than that, I scared that my game crashes again (this issue is not still fixed) because when I was in someplace, there's some big stutters.

So, does anyone has the same problem when you play Final Fantasy XV in the latest version of your video card, or is it just a dream?

My PC (Desktop System) :

• Motherboard : GIGABYTE 970-Gaming version 1.1 - BIOS version F2
  • CPU : AMD FX-8350 4.0 Ghz
  • Graphic Card : Asus AMD RX 580 8 GB OC version
  • PSU : FSP S Raider 750W - 80+ Silver
  • Memory : DDR3 Corsair 12 GB - 2100Mhz : 3 slots of 4 GB
  • Driver version installed : AMD Radeon Adrenalin software 18.3.2
  • Display : Iiyama - G-MASTER GE2288HS-B1 Black Hawk - connected to m yPC with DisplayPort
  • Case : Be Quiet Base 600 - black edition

Ce message a été modifié par : Côme DEVOUASSOUX

0 Likes
4 Replies

Here is how to use the forum search feature:

0 Likes

0 Likes
supervargen
Challenger

First, what happens if you play on low settings? Turn off everything and see if that helps.

If i does, start upping the settings to see whats making the game stutter.

It's like water on my R9 290 and 2600K at high with Adrenalin 18.2.1

I usually play game on high settings, and that's the case for Final Fantasy XV. Except 2 options :

• Geomapping is off
  • Shdow quality is low

It looks like it works if I disable GUIDE from SETTINGS without need to restart the game, I don't say that I have no stutters with this solution, but I have less stutters and become nice to play.

I found this on this page => https://gamesradar.today/final-fantasy-xv-pc-errors/#Enable_HD_Textures

See "Random stuttering issue" below to know more.

I keep "enhanced graphics" ON, though.

Anyway, maybe I'll have to wait future patch/update for FFXV from Square Enix, what do you think?

0 Likes