cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

EliTuS
Adept I

FIFA 21 enhanced sync method for 60Hz monitors no longer working in the latest Adrenalin drivers.

Hi folks, 
So I have a RX 570 and a 60Hz monitor and the only working method or a 'workaround' for AMD GPUs to get locked 60 FPS in both the menus and gameplay was to enable Enhanced sync in the driver settings and cap the FPS to 30 in the FIFAconfig. Since, the driver update to 21.3.1, this method stopped working for some reason and the FPS remain uncapped. The last WHQL driver it worked on was 21.11.2. I have also tried the latest 21.4.1 and it is no longer working. Any other fellow FIFA players with 60Hz monitors having the same issue? 

P.S I have already tried capping FPS with Chill, FRTC, RivaTuner but none of these make the game as smooth as the enhanced sync method did, all of these FPS cap techniques don't eliminate micro-stuttering completely. Can't tell if enhanced sync is broken now or they changed some sort of underlying functionality in it.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Filipgamer
Journeyman III

Did you found solution? I also have rx 570 and when i try to enable enchanced sync on, I get in game lag.

0 Likes
Filipgamer
Journeyman III

Have you found solution? I updated my drivers and when i turn on enchanced sync on, i get in game lag now and it's unplayable.

0 Likes

• Known Issues
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
0 Likes

Well, there is no black screen, its just the FPS do not stay capped.

0 Likes

Do you have vert sync turned off in the game settings?

0 Likes

No, its set to lock to 30 FPS which is supposed to lock it to 60 FPS if enhanced sync is turned on.

0 Likes

That's not my experience. I have no issues with this app/setting. Enhanced sync should be used alone and the game setting for vert sync turned off. This was the way it was designed.

0 Likes

The thing is, enhanced sync is not working as it used to for FIFA atleast. Capping with FRTC still doesn't make the game buttery smooth.

0 Likes

Screenshot_1.pngSometimes with new updates the display settings change. Check to see if refresh rate is correct.

0 Likes

No I did not, you can roll back to old version for now.

0 Likes