Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theacclaimed
Miniboss

Re: FFXIV Heavensward dx11 crashes with r9 300 series drivers 15.15 and 15.20.0

Jump to solution

Bringing this topic back to the top since it still isn't resolved and more people are starting to run into this problem because the R9 390 is very well priced yet the drivers are going to ruin solid hardware's reputation.

0 Kudos
reogrym
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Does this issue still exist?

0 Kudos
performance-pcs
Adept I

Jump to solution

it does

0 Kudos
seether831
Adept III

Jump to solution

Yep wondering if this is ever going to be fixed. I tried everything imaginable to be able to play this game in DX11 and .... thus far have been denied XD

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I think it will have to be fixed in the next beta drivers which is probably why it's taking so long to get an update. This does seem like a very complex problem. I don't know if it has to do with the changes in the driver that were made to improve tessellation (geometry) performance since historically AMD's gpus were superior in compute against the competition but it was the opposite in regards to geometry.

Many if not all DX11 games use tessellation to some degree (ffxiv included) which is probably why they are crashing. This is just one hypothesis as to the root cause of this issue.

0 Kudos
seether831
Adept III

Jump to solution

Hmm well I tried GTA V With Tessellation Off and the game still crashed but then again GTA has it's own issues. As for FFXIV they really should've had an option to turn it off so we could see. Some games have that option though.

0 Kudos
reachie
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Even with beta drivers the game still crashes. Currently testing Dx9. I also had this problem with The Evil Within it crashed A LOT, which it hasn't after I updated the drivers, but FFXIV still does 😕

0 Kudos
tymier
Adept I

Jump to solution

Drivers 16.3.2 fixed the crashing for me on a R9 380  . Released a couple days ago I think March 28th.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos