cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theacclaimed
Miniboss

Re: FFXIV Heavensward dx11 client game crash w/ R9 285

Yeah, the issues with the 300 series and this game's dx11 crashing forced me to return the 390x for a refund. Based on this post 15.7 did not fix the issue which means I'll have to wait it out until there is a driver fix or some hotfix beta driver to resolve the issue.

I might also consider getting the R9 Fury (non-x version) once more board partners start releasing it with their custom coolers.

0 Kudos
lucidanz
Journeyman III

well its more than clear that any amd card that is tonga based has issues with dx11 and its not just heavensward. Witcher 3 had major issues (and still not fixed) but using win 10 drivers did stop it, sadly this doesnt work with Heavensward. Since multiple games with dx11 have had issues with tonga-based cards the ball is really in amd's court and their silence on the issue doesnt make for happy amd users.

0 Kudos
postcards
Adept II

I still won't rule out the client being an issue. There are other issues I am having with the DX11 client and I have seen people with Nvidia cards with similar issues. There are many Nvidia users who are having DX11 problems as well. So the problems are not just AMD cards.

0 Kudos
ruseman
Journeyman III

r9 r380 just updated to this card from an hd7870.. im like why is my game crashing so much.. for a second I thought i had a defected card and then i see this thread. Yea so far 30 mins into dx9 the game has not crashed.. plz fix soon ; ;

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

Are you running Heavensward DX11 on Windows 10? If so with which graphics card and what driver?

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

Yeah, based on the pattern if r9 285 has the issue then the r9 380 should as well. What I don't understand is in my case I have the game running perfectly fine on dx11 with a 290x on 15.7 but it crashes with the 390x. Similar gpu architecture but for some reason the older one works and the newer one doesn't.

The only difference between my 290x and 390x is the 290x is the PowerColor PCS+ and the 390x is the MSI Gaming.

0 Kudos
ruseman
Journeyman III

Update.. not sure what happen but I had an update on my msi 970 gaming mobo today. started playing on dx11.. didnt crash for three hours. I got a crash but it wasnt a display error message this time, it was just the client crash. I played for an extra hour after that. All good.

I'll try again tomorrow, maybe this can be an issue where bios isn't updated on everyone else's pc?

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

I updated the bios on my MSI z87-gd65 and my 390x still crashes with FFXIV dx11 borderless windowed mode.

0 Kudos
postcards
Adept II

I still wouldn't be happy about a crash after 3 hours. I guess I play too much.

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

I disabled Hardware Acceleration in Firefox and so far the dx11 client hasn't crashed. We will see.

0 Kudos