Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vorpal
Adept I

FFXIV & Fallout 76, bad performance with a 6700 XT

ScreenShot43.jpgScreenShot46.jpgScreenShot41.jpgGreetings,

so my 1070ti died a few days ago and I managed to grab a 6700 XT, last AMD card I owned was a X1950XTX -- it was a good card, but the drivers, not so much, so I always thought that AMD is a bit weak on that department. Anyway, problems I have encountered so far:

The FPS in Fallout 76 is locked to one third of my monitors refresh rate (165, locked at 55) nothing I do reverts that, no in-game options, no .ini tweaks from the game, no radeon options, nothing. Before, with the nvidia one, I could just disable ipresetinterval (vsync) through the .ini and my FPS was unlocked, can't do that with radeon. Second problem is metallic/wet surfaces, I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to look like that. Also, sometimes the FPS dips down to 30's, this never happened with my Nvidia.

As for final fantasy 14, no weird visual things, but FPS is all over the place, I know it's a cpu-bound game and it would make sense in crowded areas to have **bleep**ty FPS -- but the only thing that changed in my setup is my GPU, and I AM getting lower than normal FPS in some cases. Sure, when nothing is happening my average FPS is higher than the 1070 ti, but that's it. I know (and hope) that these issues can be corrected with driver updates, but is it going to be one of these cases that the company simply never gets to it and I'm stuck playing my main games with bad performance? That used to be my experience in the past, hopefully not again.

0 Likes
1 Reply
vorpal
Adept I

Everything is still **bleep** in both games, dx crahes and poor performance in FFXIV, reflection bugs in Fallout 76 and also **bleep**ty performance...

0 Likes