Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

Feedback of the 20.1.2 driver

Guide edited to preserve sanity.

It's yet another Complete Mess guide.

HDMI Scaling locks to 30FPS (I cant see the edges of my display on all resolutions)

Black screen of death on idle (Powerplay issue)

3D applications utilizing 300mhz core, results in either a crash or stuttering (Phantom Lag)

Driver GUI crashes out can corrupt the AMD driver installation results in BSOD.

Wattmann is corrupt. Still unstable after all these years.

OC settings just seem to reset and deletes all my profiles when I'm online?

Weird IP addresses blocked from the driver? Why is my GPU driver sending inbound/outbound requests?

No games play solid 60FPS because of your stupid downclocking powerplay crap.

Also now the engines are crashing out, what the hell have you done?

** NO PERSONAL ATTACKS **

25 Replies
daonayt
Adept I

Wattman settings keep resetting randomly.
Radeon software refuses to load on startup.

Hotkeys and overlay don't work or work intermittently in 50% of the games.

I either can't notice what MFAA does or it simply doesn't work.

This is on a fresh Win10 installation.

Overall, 2020 edition is even more broken than 19.x editions. Thank you AMD, very cool!

baepe
Adept III

Add to this the only thing they seem to fix every patch is the streaming functionality. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR LOUSY STREAMING SOFTWARE AMD!

0 Likes

I have DDU at the ready when drivers are a mess. I have used that tool so many times I have lost count.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The drivers have rendered this unit completely out of service, absolutely fuming with this company, AMD are completely and utterly useless. 

I am able to use 20.1.2 on a clean install of windows 10 on my X470 Gaming Plus

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time we spoke, you mentioned you couldn't get the driver to install?

Can you access the driver GUI now?

0 Likes

john007 wrote:

Last time we spoke, you mentioned you couldn't get the driver to install?

Can you access the driver GUI now?

I removed the X570 and went back to the X470 which does not have the same problems.

Drivers work fine on the X470 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Such a shame you had to downgrade for stability, I don't have that choice, I need the VII at least for engine renders, its insane. 

0 Likes

Now that my RX 480 is back in business I can use Handbrake and see what AMD can do for rendering vs NVIDIA.

Transcoding uncompressed video for distribution is brutal.

My R5 2400G can do it but I am wondering how well a more expensive CPU would fare.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have serious stability issues on the 20.x.x driver, testing on the 19.x.x driver seems to be ok I guess, still get massive downclocks on the core, still cannot see the edges of my display.

I've had to bootleg a driver together, but AMD did an awesome job with the hardware in my view, just the software is poor.

If the logs are correct the spike of 2662mhz core is insane, that's off the charts right now.

I would like to test some Cryengine raytracing soon.

I have not seen the source for the demo as I would have modified it for more screen resolutions

More games are being developed so this fall may have a project out there

0 Likes
_y_
Adept II

I was thinking 'bout installing the 20.1.2 drivers until I read this .... will stick to my 19.12.1 version for now, the only driver version that works without crashing my games (frostbyte engine, BF5)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well at least we saved someone a headache.

Yes the 20.x.x is unstable.

In Battlefield, the core would spike down to 130mhz, its insane.

We need the power efficiency option for the new GPU's which is hidden in the driver, it works with the FuryX.

My days the Fury X with custom BIOS and the disabled power efficiency was like heaven, it was awesome, the VII is unstable right now.

I use the 19.12.1 drivers and Wattman 2019 on my RX 580. I installed the drivers only from the 20.1.3 over the top using device manager/inf files. I have the old control panel and the new drivers..works good so far.

Don't feel back, the new 2020 version has no ability to scroll through the whole game compatibility list

Guess somebody did not implement the segment with scroll bars properly

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work Kingfish on the bootleg!

Also who downvoted you? Somebody's on a vigilante here.

0 Likes

I had 19.12.1 installed..runs perfect. Used 'have disk' installation of 20.1.3 graphics drivers:

Completely disconnect from the internet

Device manager/update driver

Choose the 20.1.3 folder

REBOOT..........

On My MSI X470 Gaming I am able to installed the 20.1.3 without problem. I use DDU as a matter of course.

Now if I could only get my RAM running faster than DDR4-1866. My RAM is DDR4-3200.

0 Likes

I had no issue installing the 20.1.3 driver package...I just do not want the new control panel.

0 Likes

Nice share! May help some folks out until a proper fix comes along.

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

Nice share! May help some folks out until a proper fix comes along.

I am far from testing all my games before the next driver surfaces.

0 Likes

You know your software is a disaster when customers are going to these lengths just to avoid using updated versions of it. Invest in your software AMD!

0 Likes

The main thing is I have the usable/relevant Wattman control panel. No issues with the drivers or finding what settings I use.

thomastheengine
Journeyman III

Well now we CAN'T EVEN LAUNCH AMD RADEON SETTINGS!!!! This is TRAGIC for such a brand like AMD

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Adrenalin 20.1.3 driver is now available for download here

Please open a new discussion if you are having an issue with the new 20.1.3 driver and provide the essential information required so we can help you. 

Read This First 

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION