cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Feedback for Devs: everyone post your 19.12.2 problems here

After arguably one of the worst driver updates in history, lets all list the confirmed issues with 19.12.2 (and 'recent' driver issues in general) because the Devs obviously need our help...
I can confirm:
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 Screen freezes in game but game still plays in background. 
and
Adrenalin 2020 Edition drivers - "game mode" problem 

plus the mentions of Vsync and stutter
on my

5700 XT

FX 8350

990fxa chipset
800W

Kind wish I knew I was gonna be a beta tester or I'd have opt'ed out instead of wasting my day off on broken software....

0 Likes
13 Replies

When alt tabbing, the freeze happens if you don't hear the 'beep beep beep booooop'. when you do hear the radeon overlay sound i see frametime of over 90000 sometimes... not hearing the boop comes from *shrug* settings 

0 Likes

There is already ways to report your issues to AMD

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

0 Likes
vandersexxx
Adept II

Surprisingly, I don't have any issues with that driver on RX590. Well, FRTC is gone and VP9 codec on youtube 4K videos is still not supported, but that's it.

0 Likes
srs13rastus
Adept III

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AMD????

Driver 19.12.2 fans are dead.... NOTHING happens 5700XT overheating thanks to this games unplayable!

CANNOT download ANYTHING other than minimal setup drivers which DO NOTHING!!!!!

WHERE can I download the FULL 19.12.1 software so I can AT LEAST get back to my games you IDIOTS!

0 Likes

I have no idea HOW this happened but downloading 19.12.1 and starting the install kept using minimal setup.

Tried accessing via the download MULTIPLE times and ALWAYS got minimal setup!

restarted the PC MULTIPLE times and went to an old DL of driver 19.11.3 which DID goto the full installation.

I then tried the 19.12.2 which also went to the full install Not installing that again as the fans do not spin.

ATM successfully installing 19.12.1 and WILL NOT install 19.12.2 UNTIL AMD reply to this thread!

YOUR DRIVERS ARE BROKEN FIX THE PROBLEM INSTEAD OF DOING NOTHING!!!!!!

0 Likes
darkradeon
Adept III

Repeated driver crashes after a couple of minutes on DX11 games (eg: CSGO, Wasteland 2, MPC-HC) when using fullscreen (both exclusive and maximized borderless). Immediate repeated driver crashes if using freesync.

R9 380X, 2x8GB DDR4, Ryzen 5 1500X, LG 34UM68-p @75Hz on DP, Windows 10 1909 x64.

0 Likes

Check your fans are running on 19.12.2 if not use DDU to remove the garbage and re-install 19.12.1.

Fans now do as they're told and my 5700XT is working as it should.

AMD broke the drivers YET AGAIN!

0 Likes
masterke
Journeyman III

• I hate the beep noise when I start a game and would like an option to disable that.

• Also, a bug I found is, when you disable "Toggle Radeon Anti-Lag" in "Graphics Hotkeys" under "Hotkeys" under "Settings", everytime you press 'CTRL' , 'Shift' or the 'ALT'-key, you hear an enable/disable voice, even when you've disabled the hotkey and the overlay all together. I've fixed it temporarly by binding it to a key I'm not using..
0 Likes
srs13rastus
Adept III

thanks AMD you've turned my perfectly working 5700XT into a paperweight never NEVER buying a GPU form you because you CONSTANTLY MESS UP THE DRIVERS!!!!

0 Likes
amdbooger
Adept II

Thank you AMD, for bricking FreeSync on my 3 month old monitor.  I have used FreeSync, without issue WITH THIS MONITOR for months.....Until 2 days ago when i FOOLISHLY listened to an email you sent me about your awesome new driver package, Adrenalin 2020!  After updating to 2020, i noticed that FreeSync said "unsupported".  I figured just a bug with a new driver.  So, I went back to my old driver.  SURPRISE!  Now, no matter what driver i use, FreeSync is listed as "unsupported".  It is as if your 2020 package did something that now causes my monitor to not be recognized as FreeSync compatible.  IT IS, WAS FOR MONTHS, worked perfectly, until i installed 2020.  I want a check for a new monitor, or at least maybe an answer to the support ticket i sent you.  OR, just a driver that doesnt neuter the main feature i bought this monitor for.

0 Likes

Are you sure FreeSync hasn't just become disabled/turned off in the monitor onscreen menu? This would stop it detecting as a FreeSync monitor in the driver software...

0 Likes

Yea, absolutely sure.  There is no option in the OSD to turn it on or off.  Out of the box, it worked flawlessly, i tried resetting to factory settings, nope.  Looked in user manual, and the manual covers a few different but similar models.  In some models, there IS an OSD setting for FreeSync, but not on mine.  It is the:

Samsung C32JG56

It def has freesync, no doubt.  I would blame the monitor under any other circumstance, however FreeSync was bricked immediately following the installing of 2020.  Too much of a coincidence.

0 Likes
vozdovcanin
Adept I

first my advice monitor didnt show my specs,then when i was adding some game to adrenalin program so i can see fps my pc froze totally i had to hard restart it,my pc is new i took it 40 days ago so before this drivers i didnt had any problems,interesting is that in game i didnt had any problems, but in desktop 2 times my pc froze.Also on startup 1 or 2 times adrenalin program crashed

my specs are

ati 5700xt msi evoke oc

ddr 4 16gb 3600oc  from 3200

antec gold 750w

ryzen 3700x

0 Likes