cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

awpii
Adept II

Faulty Drivers for RX 5600XT? (Possible solution to VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD)

So, I bought the ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX 5600XT literally yesterday, I installed the most up to date drivers (20.4.2) and the drivers will not stop crashing every time I play!

I can only play for a few minutes, sometimes an hour before the drivers crash to a BSOD that reads the error code "VIDEO_TDR_ERROR".

I've already tried clean re-instlalls of the drivers using DDU, I did uninstall my previous' GPU drivers (Nvidia GTX 1060) using DDU as well, I used AMD's cleanup utility, I even re-installed the chipset drivers and nothing has helped.

All I'm missing to do right now is format the computer and try again but I hold no hopes that this would work either seeing how many people are complaining about it.

What's worse is, none of the Tech Support phone contacts in AMD's websites work, they instantly drop the call.

Can anyone provide any hotfix or solution to this? I can't play with the card that I had to save MONTHS for (Tech is really expensive in Argentina).

Specs: 

Ryzen 5 3600X (Stock clocks and turbo)

2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz ADATA RAM.

ASUS ROG Strix RX 5600 XT 6GB

Windows 10 x64 Pro in a Western Digital M.2 Drive.

500W 80+ Bronze PSU.

EDIT: I was able to solve this thanks to this video YouTube , it seems like the issue could be with Adrenalin itself, and not the bare drivers (AMD take a look hint hint).

0 Likes
2 Replies
awpii
Adept II

Forgot to mention, motherboard is an ASUS PRIME B350M-A with the BIOS Updated to support 3rd Gen Ryzen.

0 Likes
awpii
Adept II

I was able to overcome this issue by manually installing the drivers through Device Manager. Thanks to a video by youtuber SWIRF TV

0 Likes