Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Farcry Primal Missing Skins when useing crimsion driver

it only happens when useing the latest driver. ctaylest works fine with it just has some fps drops which is why id like to use crimson lol it runs much smoother also ctaylest seems to have soome random driver stops responding issues on this game

anyway the issue is

Apon installing the crimson driver all the NPCs have no skin textuers there cloths and objects are just floating in thin air but there bare skin textuers are invisable i have the game on steam soo here is a screen to show what exactly i mean

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/177163384105256506/7109B2F9B7E2AE1F82C6F4B8332725E603C...

as you can see there cloths are just floating there aswell as there hair only thing missing is the skin textuers when useing crimson

Edit:

This happens with any version of crimson as ive tested it with about 7 diffrent ones all of which are the 16.x.x versions. and it is an issue with that driver as catylest the textuers are there and fine

Also im useing a R9 m290x

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Farcry Primal Missing Skins when useing crimsion driver

Primal works great on my discreet 290x with the latest drivers so I'm thinking it's your software.

Have you done an integrity check of the game cache?

You must have FC4. Anything odd there?

p.s. maybe it's just too early in the AM but I don't see any npc skin or clothes in your screenshot.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Since he has a laptop...I would like to see the rest of his specs. INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

theres a guy right infront of me playing the drums with a bone on the log as weel slightly behind the log to the top middle theres a woman sitting there (looks like a bag just sitting in the middle of the blanket as thats her clothes and hair but nothing else is showing). its not the best angel sorry, it was almost 2am when i took the shot... and been messing with this for over 7 hours trying to get it to work i was just done and fed up with it. this is why i ripped the AMD card out of my desktop and replaced it with a nvidia card...

also yes i have every farcry however i currently dont have any others installed on the laptop but i do have fallout 4 installed and it works fine with both cata and crimson

to the other question

yes its a laptop that the screen was taken on i play on a desktop when at home but laptop when moving around which is why i try to keep btoh updated

Laptop

Alienwear 17

Windows 7 64bit

AMD R9 m290x

16 gigs of mem

Driver - Crimson 16.x.x (multipal version all same issue)

Graphics settings - everything is set to ultra/very high (highest settings in each catagory) and the pc runs the game at around 40-45fps with cataylest and around 50-51 with crimson (tested int he highest populated area and most dence area of the village)

as of right now i gave up and said heck with it and installed catylest 15.11 (newest from what i could find) and the game runs perfectly fine no issues only thign is the fps is about 5-7 lower then crimson

P.S also this was done on a full clean installation (the laptop was just whiped) prior to installing crimson and these games and before even installing the viruse and game i installed crimson first (tryed afterords with the diffrent versions but same issues) also i have reinstalled the game 3 times aswell as ran it in compatibal mode/admin also have disabled steam and ran through Uplay only still same issues

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Paragon
Paragon

I'm glad you can get it to work. That's pretty good fps for a laptop. What's the screen resolution?

Do you have the HD textures pack installed on both computers?

I'd say report this to  the driver team using the link in radeon settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

yes to the texture pack

i thought it might be that but it still has the glitch with cromson with and without the new texture pack sadly...

everything works on the desktop  pc just fine but i also use Nvidia card on desktop dual titan x. soo its hard to compare the issue XD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Paragon
Paragon

Just an FYI,

I tried primal on my apu system. It runs like a two legged dog but no  issues with the textures or models.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

System Model: HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC

Intel Core I5 4200

AMD Radeon HD 8600M (Latest Driver Update)

8GB Ram

Win 7 64bit

had same issues

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Inspiron 15R SE 7520 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7700M Series - 2GB

8 GB RAM

Windows 8.1 64 bits

I am with the same problem and also with the animals, these that from a distance appear, but when arriving near disappear the image

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III