Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

s0und
Adept I

Fan tuning: No Zero RPM option for Advanced Control

Hi

If i use Manual mode for Tuning Control, i have an option for Zero RPM mode, which turns off the fan when the GPU's temp. <= 50°C. But if i activate 'Advanced Control', there is no way to set the fan's RPM to 0 <= 50°C. The minimum fan speed is hardcoded to 18% REGARDLESS of the paired temperature value. Why can't i set the fan speed to 0% at <= 50°C which basically the same feature as Zero RPM. Can we have an extra IF statement to allow this (allow 0% fan speed if the temperature value is <= 50)?

I have to use Advanced Control, because on auto my RX480 ramps up the fan to 2400RPM turning the card into a turbine (at 100% GPU usage), but in reality beyond 1800RPM the cooling is unable to lower the GPU temp below 64 °C, so that extra 600RPM makes no difference in cooling performance, but the noise is really annoying.

If i use Advanced Control (which i have to), i lose the ability to turn off the fans when the card is idle.

• Add to Phrasebook
    • No word lists for English -> Hungarian...
    • Create a new word list...
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
3 Replies
johnnyhendrick90210
Journeyman III

I have same problem too after upgrading to latest Radeon Software! 

0 Likes
s0und
Adept I

bump, i'm on 20.8.1 and this is still not a feature, i find it kinda ridiculous that i have to use Afterburner to have a proper custom fan curve.

• Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
0 Likes
bmrk85
Journeyman III

Still nothing, even submitted a bug report, maybe... :/

0 Likes