Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

makkara
Adept II

FAN SPEED TUING IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY

Driver 22.4.2

How is this so hard for u to get working, FIX THIS!!

If u devs dont know what a fan curve is google it. If u still cant figure it out at least give us the paying users, free control of GPU fan by releasing API or something.

1. "GPU Fan PWM" should be 50% AS IT IS SET IN THE TUNING!

makkara_0-1652000628062.png

2. "GPU Fan PWM" should be 50% AS IT IS SET IN THE TUNING!

makkara_1-1652000743383.png

What even is this, the tuning has mind of its own and is currently useless.

FIX THIS!!

17 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried to use third-party tools like FanControl?

0 Likes

Fan Control rem0o cant control the fan. Same for many people https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor/issues/708

That is why it would be really nice if AMD could fix their tuning or release API and let community fix it for them. Currently only way to control GPU fan is by crappy fan speed tuning that doesnt even work properly.

Hi
You should give us more details about the Graphics Card that you have, is it an AMD card or AIB?
Also explain a little better of what's happening.

Try using MSI Afterburner to test it out or go back to older Adrenalin drivers.

Does it have a dual BIOS, if yes. Can you change it just for troubleshooting?

Good Luck!

The Englishman
0 Likes

(Previous message didnt post....)

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT

VBIOS change = No fix
MSI AB = Works, but set PWM % differs from what is get similarly to AMD. With AB at least the temperatures dont effect the fan speed on flat fan curve.

0 Likes

U can also test this by setting all AMD fan tuning nodes to 50% and then set temperatures to highest (80, 86, 90, 95, 100).
Then try setting temperatures to lowest (25, 30, 35 ,40 ,45) and see if fan speed stays the same. It should be 50% PWM / same RPM in both scenarios.

Temperature of nodes should not have any effect on fan speed with a flat fan curve.

0 Likes

U can also test this by setting all AMD fan tuning nodes to 50% and then set temperatures to highest (80 - 100).
Then try setting temperatures to lowest (25 - 45) and see if fan speed stays the same. It should be 50% PWM / same RPM in both scenarios.

Temperature of nodes should not have any effect on fan speed with a flat fan curve.

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

Can someone test the previous messages settings and see if they get similar fan behavior?

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

22.6.1 Status: Not Working

0 Likes

Same problem here with latest 22.6.1.

There is also another problem - it seems the software restricts the minimum fan speed to 35. I just can't enter any numbers lower than 35.

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

22.7.1 Status: Not Working

This is untrue  -> makkara_0-1658947713986.png

@ssawgift Thats nanny AMD making sure GPU fans cant stop spinning even with "Advanced control" enabled.

0 Likes

It seems nanny AMD is very wise in that it applies some logics on my fan speed number. For example, the lowest 35 roughly becomes 35+10=45 as observed in GPU-Z. The result is that the fan always runs at least at 45% of full speed whenever I start my game.

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

22.8.2 Status: Not Working

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

22.10.2 Status: Not Working

0 Likes
RandomUserOnDaInterweb
Journeyman III

after the driver crashed for me the fan tuning didn't do anything for me, guiess it used stock settings again

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

23.3.2 Status: Not Working

1.png

2.png

3.png

same issue here myself with my rx 7900xt. Its like i have 0 control of my fan speed. My gpu is either at 0 rpm or max rpm of 3382 no inbewtween. This wouldnt be so annoying if i could put a waterblock on it yet my model has no waterblock that fits

0 Likes

Sounds like a different problem. 

This is about set X% fan speed not being X rpm fan speed. Like in the image set 30% fan speed being 800-1300 actual rpm, depending on temperature setting.

That temperature setting should not effect the rpm in anyway if this worked correctly.

0 Likes