Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nosgh
Adept I

Fan curve change by itself

Hi!

So I set/apply/save a custom fan curve in the settings. I like my fan to run all the time so I disabled the zero rpm thing.

Doesn't matter what I'm doing (playing, Youtube, just browsing) after a short period of time the fans on the GPU are stop spinning and I have to open up the Radeon software and load the saved profile to start them up again. 

Using the latest software and the GPU is a XFX RAW II 

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply
lfx64
Adept II

I, as well as others, have this issue. Profiles do not apply properly - overclocks do, fan profiles do not. I don't want zero RPM either! I have a custom fan profile so the minimum is 18% and that's fine but zero RPM doesn't stick unless I'm reapplying the profile. The minimum fan speed is only applied on cold boot. Any other time the computer starts up or wakes from sleep and Radeon doesn't apply the custom fan curve and the baseline fan speed I want. It stills applies my OC, ignores everything else. Not cool. This seems to have been an issue for quite some time and with AMD spending a stupid ton of time dedicating all of their resources towards the plethora of 5700 XT issues, they seem to have neglected everybody else.

0 Likes