cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

misteright
Adept II

Re: fan control doesnt really work on manual.

Jump to solution

I'm using MSI Afterburner's fan curve but when using 1440p or more my screen will blink to black every a few seconds. Anyone had this problem? RX 5600 XT btw, RX 580 running just fine with fan curve.

0v3rkill
Adept III

Jump to solution

hmm, that is weird. My card is a 590 fatboy black edition and my wife and daughter have 580 XXX and we all have the same exact problem. I tested my little remedy on all of them and they all work after I reapply the saved profile. They are all XFX Video cards. Been using XFX video cards since 2002 or less. I remember Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Sacrifice just got released. Cause I was playing that like crazy.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Glad i'm not the only one with fan control issues.

I always disable Zero RPM and enable Advanced Control then set my own preferred curve but more often than not, when i restart my PC i have no GPU fan activity until i hit 50 degrees.

When i go into Adrenalin it can still still show my fan profile and the manual setting and still have no fan activity until i reset and redo it... Often though it has just reset and enabled Zero RPM automaticaly

chad27
Adept II

Jump to solution

Mine is xfx 5600xt

misteright
Adept II

Jump to solution

I don't know the blink doesn't happen with 1080p and my RX 580 running just fine with fun curve. So i always turn off the fan curve and instead manually set it to 70% when gaming.

0v3rkill
Adept III

Jump to solution

the problem is still there in this new driver 20.04.02. Nothing has been addressed yet.

ngumo
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have a new Sapphire rx570 itx and the fan increases past 3K under load - it sounds like a lawn mower.  No matter what maximum percentage I use for the fan control, it slowly climbs to 3.6K+

MSI Afterburner appears greyed out for me when I install that as well. 

0v3rkill
Adept III

Jump to solution

look at your temps. if it's reaching 85c or so it's justifiable. Is better to have a loud card that works than a dead fried one that doesn't, no matter how quiet it is now. But you said that it gradually goes up. My situation is that it doesn't go up gradually. Mine you can see in the video. Starts turning at 59 or so and stops at 49 or so. Creating jolts from 0rpm to 2k+rpm and noises when it starts instead of gradually working it's way up like I drew the graph.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just gave up with Adrenalin in the end and downloaded Argus Monitor to set my own permanent fan curve and RivaTuner to lock my max FPS. 

GPU has never worked better for noise and thermals.

ngumo
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Ok thanks.  I have now got MSI Afterburner working and I can create a fan curve with that.  I see my temperatures on heavy games go to 79 degrees and stay there.  It doesn't matter how hard the fan goes because it doesn't lower temperatures and I have set the fan so it doesn't get to the point of rattling.  I would prefer to use the proper AMD software to do the curve but I will wait to see if drivers fix the issues in the future.