cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

0v3rkill
Adept III

fan control doesnt really work on manual.

Jump to solution

I put the graph my self and I can see the fans still work on their own. They don't seam to understand what I am telling them to do. They always start spinning around 55c and that creates vibrations on the chassis of the card. I have a 590 black edition from XFX. Please make the fan controls use the graph. I am also using the latest driver 20.3.1

Here I have attached a picture so you see that the fan is not moving at all when it's actually at 47c. . It starts moving around 55c. I want the fans to move gradually. Not go from 0 to 2000+ every single time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kingfish
MVP

Re: fan control doesnt really work on manual.

Jump to solution
28 Replies
0v3rkill
Adept III

Jump to solution

I noticed in this new 20.4.1 version the fans are actually moving exactly with the graph. Then I restarted a few times and I checked back today and They were back to not moving how I want them. So I loaded the profile ones again and it did work, again. Something in there is making the driver forget I have it set to manual, the fans that is. Ill keep you guys up to date. Let me test this out a bit more

demontrace
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I went from 20.2.1 I believe, and the fan control wasn't working then. It constantly turns on the Zero RPM mode, causing my GPU to get to around 55C as well before it stabilizes. This is unacceptable. It does not remember settings. This has been going on for months. AMD's incompetence is overwhelming.

AMD, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!! Zero RPM, when turned off, shouldn't be overruling my decisions.

chad27
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have had this same issue far as fan curve going flat etc.

mickeekung
Challenger

Jump to solution

I set fan speed to 100 percent but it's showing 0 RPM. Is it normal?

chad27
Adept II

Jump to solution

Don't sound normal,but im no expert. Have you looked at them to see if they are on?

0v3rkill
Adept III

Jump to solution

ok. I did a little video explaining what was the problem and a little work around for now until AMD fixes it for good. I also inserted the video to my first post in case there are people out there in a hurry with the same issue and they dont feel like reading all the comments or they just don't feel like scrolling down.

chad27
Adept II

Jump to solution

I booted my system up this morning and check the settings and they are still there. Its been so random on when it resets my settings. After a black screen yesterday the setting reset also.

0v3rkill
Adept III

Jump to solution

yes when they get reset is annoying too. But it doesn't have to be reset for the fan not to be working. You can see the graph I made in the video and the fans were not moving at all. I had to trigger it in order for it to work. So what you do is save a profile and every time you start your pc apply the profile. At least that's a little work around for now. I hope it works for you.

0 Likes
0v3rkill
Adept III

Jump to solution

no that is not normal at all