Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Fallout 4 problems after Crimson intall

The compass on Fallout 4 started to flicked after installing the Crimson.

There are multiple people having the same problem with 2xx and 3xx series cards after installing Crimson. Fallout 4's forum on Steam is full of people complaining about this.

I'm running a MSI R9 390 on Win10 Pro.

Here is someone's youtube-video showing the problem in effect:

Fallout 4 AMD Crimson Driver Compass Flickering - YouTube

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Fallout 4 problems after Crimson intall

Yup, same thing happening to me, reason why I checked here actually.
Didn't expect this since AMD's very recently released 15.11.1 beta driver had no issues, even with the Fallout beta patch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I experienced the same problem, installed the fix from nexus and everything worked fine. but then after a day or two my display driver started crashing(text became unreadable, black spots everywhere as if my pixels were broken), tryed fixing it several times, uninstalled .. didn't remove it , tried to do a system restore from windows.. didn't work.. repeated the process like 10 times until it finally had a result. my computer finally is working again but still cant play games.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Have you overclocked the card?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Pretty sure I read that the crimson software/driver was causing some GPUs to get stuck at 20% fan speed.
Have you downloaded the new drivers they posted since then?
The new driver is listed below the originals, "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update."
Hopefully your card didn't get damaged.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

the problems have returned after they have been solved for 2 weeks, I started falout 4 again and the stripes + black boxes on my screen return. only this time its worse .. after 10 seconds of screen flickering the monitor shuts down and no video signal comes out of the pc anymore.. tried to email AMD ( they dont respond) , I wish you could call them for help...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Have you checked your GPU and CPU temps while gaming and made sure nothing is overheating?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Just go back to catalyst. Had the same problem on startup. with NO overclocking on an xfx r9 290.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Just wanted to say I have t he same problem, cant belive I keep buying amd products, its not the first time they don't try their drivers aginst major games...

0 Kudos