Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mottoman216
Adept III

Fallout 4 CrossfireX Major Flickering and Corruption 16.1.1 HotFix driver

Jump to solution

So, i downloaded the new 16.1.1 beta driver just for the crossfire profile for Fallout 4. installed said driver and loaded up Fallout 4 to try it out and instantly on the loading screen it was flickering. once i was in game everything was flickering, half the textures were missing... like buildings, walls, etc. I ended up uninstalling the drivers,  then i ran AMD Clean Uninstaller Utility and did a clean install of 16.1.1 again. Booted up FO4 and it's the Same exact thing. Checked MSI Afterburner and it shows both cards being utilized quite a bit @ 80+%  on both GPU's. They were both well within their temperature targets also. this seems to happen no matter what settings i have tried (Low, medium, high, ultra). i decided the open up Radeon settings and switch the crossfire profile from "Default" to "AFR Friendly" ..... Same deal. eventually i ended up disabling the crossfireX profile for Fallout 4 and its all good now. I've tested crossfire with 16.1.1 on GTA 5 and The Witcher 3... Both seem to be working normal. no flickering or corruption.

My Question: Is anyone else having crossfire issues with FO4 using the new driver?? is this being looked into?
was really looking forward to finally using both my GPU's in this game!

Thanks! - Maurice

My Specs

FX8350 @4.0GHZ

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

XFX R9 270x 2gb (x2) Crossfired (1100/1400)

OCZ ZT Series 750 watt PSU modular

Windows 10 64bit PRO

32in Samsung LCD TV via HDMI.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
en9dmp
Adept II

Re: Fallout 4 CrossfireX Major Flickering and Corruption 16.1.1 HotFix driver

Jump to solution

Hi all

This issue has now been fixed but the hotfix version number remains the same. This is now included under the resolved issues section:

[86690] Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled. The AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix driver has been updated. Please download this driver once again and reinstall it to address this issue

View solution in original post

8 Replies
rolling1000ton
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Same issue here, but I noticed that this started after de Fallout 4 1.3.47 update. I have used the Fallout 4 1.2.37 beta patch en non beta patch. After that I installed the 1.3.47 beta patch and now the 1.3.47 non beta patch. Since Fallout 4 1.3.47 beta patch the flickering with Crossfire enabled started (used Crysis 3 CFX profile).

tagaxxl
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

got the same problem

my specs

i7 5820k oc to 4.2ghz

fury hyper x 16gb 2400 ghz

r9 295x2 4gb

samsung 850 evo 250 gb

windows 10 pro 64 bit

samsung monitor U28E850R freesync

corsair h100i gtx

Jump to solution

Here is what the Fallout 4 crossfile profile does to my game:

http://i.imgur.com/LeKTCrg.jpg

Lol how did this profile even get released like that?

mottoman216
Adept III

Jump to solution

Yep. that's how my screen also looks. Apparently the issue lies within the new Game update itself from what i am hearing? who knows. i just hope it gets fixed soon. =]

0 Likes
mottoman216
Adept III

Jump to solution

**UPDATE 2/3/2016**

As many of you Crossfire users may or may not know, patch 1.3, due to mutual lack of communication between AMD and Bethesda, broke AMD's official profile for Fallout 4. However, many users who have yet to update have reported that patch 1.2, the previous version, say that it works fine in 1.2. After a big of digging, i've found a batch file that will take a 1.3 version game, and downgrade it to a working 1.2 version. I take no credit for this program, but I simply feel it needs to be gotten out there for us few CFX users.

without further ado, here is the thread which contains the batch file.

http://www.speedrun.com/Fallout_4/thread/fvo80

1) Look under "Downgrade to other versions:" and click the mediafire link below that says 1.3.47 -> 1.2.37

2) Extract to your fully updated 1.3.47 Fallout 4 directory.

3) Run patch.bat from the command prompt

4) Boot the game as normal, and enjoy CFX with some pretty decent scaling. And no glitches.

Here are some screenshots as some proof, including version number.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32004144/2016-02-03_00001.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32004144/2016-02-03_00002.jpg

All credit for the downgrading application goes presumably to Dalet, who made the forum post.

Cornugon
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I'm gonna try the downgrade soon, I already 'opted-out' of the 1.3 beta because of the extreme loading times (the beta hotfix cut these in half but they were still a lot longer than 1.2's), and since the 'official' 1.3 patch is apparently exactly the same as the beta one, I wasn't too happy about it.

I don't know who's to blame, but I find it odd that when a CFX profile is finally released after more than two months, it doesn't work with the latest  update which already was available for three weeks (as a beta).

At least I got some Torment beta testing to do in the mean time and will pick up Fallout 4 again today.

0 Likes
donta1979
Elite

Jump to solution

Google Search Fallout 4 1.2 Downgrade, that will determine if it is the new drivers or the game update if you can roll back to the 1.2 patch.

http://www.speedrun.com/Fallout_4/thread/fvo80

0 Likes
en9dmp
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi all

This issue has now been fixed but the hotfix version number remains the same. This is now included under the resolved issues section:

[86690] Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled. The AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix driver has been updated. Please download this driver once again and reinstall it to address this issue

View solution in original post