cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Re: FALLOUT 4 compass flickering with new crimson drivers

Yeah its fixed. About time... Thanks AMD! Gta5 mini map too, and battlefront menus. I'm a happy boy. 

0 Kudos
d00m_g4m3r
Adept II
Adept II

They fixed after i finish the game

0 Kudos
vansicklecorey
Adept I
Adept I

They fixed it just after I installed my new Nvidia card. Typical. Haha I've moved to the other side gentlemen. It's been nice dealing with all the problems with you.

0 Kudos
osiris
Adept I
Adept I

Things got worse for me after hotfix. After about 5 minutes of gameplay, game crashes (display driver has stopped responding message given), and getting strange flashing colored boxes appearing(see attached). Never had any of these issues before update.  Specs are i7-5930k, 16gb ram, r9 295x2, 4k resolution. Still no crossfire support also.2016-01-09_00027.jpg

0 Kudos
anf_k
Adept I
Adept I

YEP... same issue. My screen became all red and I had to reset computer because nothing was responding.... . So this hot fix solved one problem but created another. If this will persist I will rollback the driver... again.

EDIT: I wonder if a clean install of the whole driver and crimson package will solve this issue. If I will be in the mood tomorrow I will do that and be back with the results. CIAO

0 Kudos

No problems here with hotfix. Works great...I7 4790k @ 4.4ghzAsus maximus vii geneAsus r9 290x dcii 4gb16gb gskill ddr3 1886 Evga supernova 850 watt psuWindows 8.1 64bit

If your having issues what are your specs?

0 Kudos
chinedog
Adept I
Adept I

The 16.1 hotfix resolves the compass flickering bug on my system (MSI R9 290x, i5 4670k).

0 Kudos
anf_k
Adept I
Adept I

My configuration is almost identical to yours with the exception of the motherboard and the PSU  which, in my case, are a MAXIMUS VII Hero for the motherboard and a super flower leadex gold 750W as PSU. But, unfortunately for me, I have the crashing issue which happens at random. Also, when I am not "roaming the commonwealth" and just browsing the internet or watching a movie I, at random, get a fatal error saying "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" (which never happened before).

And BTW, I have tried a fresh uninstall/install of the whole driver package from safe mode, which didn't solve this new problem, but left me without the roll back driver option (which solved the flickering problem for me before the hot fix). So I'm a very sad boy.

AMD PLEASE HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
donta1979
Elite
Elite

16.1 no issues the compass flicker on a Fury X, those that are getting strange visual errors on other things go to your Radeon control panel go to gaming go to global and reset everything, I have found forcing some things, will cause graphic anomalies in game.

0 Kudos
xcynder
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I JUST made an account for this specific reason. I thought I was the only one experiencing this! Glad to know there is a temporary fix for this! I had to lower the opacity of the HUD so it wouldnt bother me and well.. it felt weird.. Thanks for actually making a post about this because it was terribly aggravating

0 Kudos