Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

krelian
Adept II
Adept II

Re: FALLOUT 4 compass flickering with new crimson drivers

This is no small bug, right now 2 of the biggest games released for pc in the last years are broken, in december, christmas season, how is this acceptable? and no, just "ignore the bugs and play the way not intended to" is not acceptable, i used the dll fix for GTA V and it has been crashing, try to play that game without the mini map, this is a joke from amd.

0 Kudos
wiredcom
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Had the same issue here with latest driver, was okay when game first released, then AMD updated itself. Tried several things including removal of all AMD software from WIN 10 and problem went away. However because WIN 10 does not come with a method for adjusting brightness, contrast, gamma this was not satisfactory as I want to change things for movies etc. I finally found a fix but it involves the earlier drivers (July 2015). I did an install of the latest Crimson suite which installs the "Radeon Settings" control panel and then in Device Manager did a "roll back driver" for the display adapter. You can find this under right click "AMD Radeon R9 200 etc" > properties > select driver menu tab > roll back driver button below that

0 Kudos
bluemoo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AMD just released a new version of drivers, however their release notes mention the bug is still being investigated, so you'll probably have to continue using the DLL fix.

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Display Driver version 15.30.1025.1001:

• [82645] Fallout 4 - The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 series products
d00m_g4m3r
Adept II
Adept II

Re:  FALLOUT 4 compass flickering with new crimson drivers

And not just Fallotut 4 or GTA 5 got some problems, but some old games too like Grid 2 or Crysis 2 got some wird flickering on the screen with Crimson drivers. What the F AMD your new driver got a lot problems with games than Catalyst. Fix the damn problems or you will go down and all of was need to go with Nvidia in the end.

0 Kudos
vansicklecorey
Adept I
Adept I

Wait, I thought you had a "fix" doom?

Who's the crybaby now?

0 Kudos
d00m_g4m3r
Adept II
Adept II

i do got an fix for all, but i don`t have a fix for craybabys like you   I say what the F they doing, because i don`t want to google if for fixes for some games.

0 Kudos
vansicklecorey
Adept I
Adept I

Sounds like crying to me.

0 Kudos
d00m_g4m3r
Adept II
Adept II

For you all is crying

0 Kudos
wbalbinot
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

At least they should automate the fix, not let the users copy .dll to be able to play. I'm with you

0 Kudos
anf_k
Adept I
Adept I

16.1 Hot Fix is out. It seams like it is working, they finally solved the flicker problem. I have ASUS r9 290x OC on windows 8 64bit. I've just installed the hot fix, if something goes wrong I will be back with details.

Best of luck all!

0 Kudos