cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

u7QO8
Adept II

fail to install storeMI

my first time on this app is on MSI x470, then as general as ppl will face issue on PC, i have to reinstall win10 os 64 bit, then it always happen fail to install store MI again and again, sometime it works, sometime didn't. then i brought a new MB for upgrade or similar reason, then i also have issue that require me to reinstall window11 OS . it is X570s MB. fail to install storeMI again . it is really frustrated as there was no any solution and share experience from either google or AMD officially to this issue, it face 1603 or 11603 etc error code. i like storemi as it is really helpful and boosting on PC performace.  my HW match all the requirement , i just didn't know why it is so hard to install this app and no any official make a fix for it as i check it, the lastest version of it have  been too long ago since 2018, no any update version . writing support ticket is too time consuming , i hope to raise this issue as i saw many ppl have faced this issue with same experience about how to cure it. i think there was answear why it happen and how to solve it. i am just a general PC users only, really feel frustrated on keeping install this app ,just for having excellent PC performace  on gaming and usage, and i am also a fan of AMD product since i produce my first AMD cpu, APU .

0 Likes
1 Solution

finally found the way to install it sucessfully.

未命名.jpg

Take ownership of the drive.

a) Right click on driver and select “Properties” from Context Menu.

b) Click on "Security" tab.

c) Click on “Advanced” button.

d) Go to "Owner" tab in Advanced Security Settings for User windows.

e) Click on “Edit” Button and select user from given “Change Owner” .

g) select advance , and look for and select “system”, and click “Ok”

after that, u should be able to install storemi.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AMDee
Staff

Thanks for highlighting issue.
Can you please share full system details to debug further on this.

0 Likes

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

X570S AERO G, bios F4a,UEFI

Microsoft Windows 11 home,  64 bit and Microsoft Windows 10 home, 10.0.19043 or 19043, 64 bit

1 FireCuda 530, 2GB, in Heatsink,Gen4 PCIe 

6 Toshiba HDD,  two partition in OS HDD, one partition for OS , another for general purpose .

previous MB is X470 GAMING PRO CARBON, AMD 2700x , all other HW are same as above, even the part of partition

Microsoft Windows 10 home, 10.0.19043 or 19043, 64 bit

0 Likes

Does your system has dual OS ?

NO. i reinstall the window in the same partition and same HDD only, format this partition and install in it when i have to reinstall window . 

let said, HDD A, 2 TB with two partition, OS in C(200GB), all remaining space of HDD (1800GB) in second partition is D. as i said i didn't uninstall storemi before reinstall the window as i reinstall window due to reasons i can't log in or booting to  window.

0 Likes

finally found the way to install it sucessfully.

未命名.jpg

Take ownership of the drive.

a) Right click on driver and select “Properties” from Context Menu.

b) Click on "Security" tab.

c) Click on “Advanced” button.

d) Go to "Owner" tab in Advanced Security Settings for User windows.

e) Click on “Edit” Button and select user from given “Change Owner” .

g) select advance , and look for and select “system”, and click “Ok”

after that, u should be able to install storemi.  

check if it is used as intrusted installer or alike, it is previous state of mine . 

0 Likes

i want to upload the log file so it can give more info about my issue for ur reference, and i see some ppl can upload a attachment in the thread, however i didn't find there was a way to do it when writing anything in the forum

0 Likes