cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Wizbane
Journeyman III

Eyefinity using wrong display resolution

Just set up my new system. I am trying to set up the eyefinity with 3 monitors each with a max resolution of 3840x2160. However when setting the eyefinity to active it will combine them at a resolution of 4096x2160 which causes each monitor to push it's display past the viewing edge of each monitor making it nearly useless to use. I have tried a few things including the eyefinity pro app and can't resolve the issue.

My system is an AMD ryzen 5 5600 on a 570 MB. And the 6900 xt radion graphics adapter. The monitors are 3x 55" TLC UHD (Native/Max resolution of  3840x2160).

So if I could set the Eyefinity resolution to 11520x2160 or 5760x1080 it would fix the issue. My previous GC (gforce 3060) had no issues with using those resolutions when spanning my displays, so I know it is possible just don't see a way to do it with the current software for this Radion card.

Thank you

0 Likes
5 Replies
olikik
Adept I

Sorry I will not be able to help you, but I have similar issue... 

I have 3 screens with native 1920*1080. Using Eyefinity I am not able to have correct resolution. Not as bad as you, I have 1075 instead of 1080 in vertical, but as a result the display is blurry.

I was able to have this native 5760x1080 using my previous 1070 Nvidia GPU... 

So maybe anything that can help you can help me too

Pretty much I think it is the fact that eyefinity only does the Auto setup. Previous versions of the eyefinity allowed you to change resolutions. I think for my issue it is that windows is using the generic monitor settings which in uhd 4096x2180 is the max that a lot of monitors can do, but my displays do not support that resolution. The Nvidia drivers when using their screen spanning it allows you to chose the resolutions still. So I don't know if it due to lazy programmers or if they are adopting the general trend that API/OS companies are by removing any ability for users to 'SET' their own parameters.

0 Likes
olikik
Adept I

After few hours of research, I found something inside an iRacing forum. Actually there is a Pro version of Eyefinity available in your AMD/CNEXT/CNEXT folder located in your program directory. And by using this one I have finally manage to have correct resolution. What is strange is that it is as simple as the classic one to define... you click and it set the 3 screens resolution itself. But with correct resolution for me this time. I hope it will work for you too !

0 Likes
Wizbane
Journeyman III

I had all ready tried that app, probably read the same forum post you did that referred you to it. I do not know why it worked for you tho, since all it does is sorts the displays and shifts pixels to correct for bezel width. Which does not actually change the monitors resolution, it just shifts your pixels on the left or upper portion of each screen selected. Now in older forum post and some of the AMD guides they show the pro app changing resolutions with advanced options, but that was with an older set drivers (2019 I think) So you might have older drivers loaded.

0 Likes
olikik
Adept I

sorry it does not solve your issue, but I have the last drivers, and my system is fresh. I never had an AMD card before this one on this computer. So AMD installation is only 1 month old.

I hope you will find a solution !

0 Likes