• Operating System - Windows 7 64bit
  • Driver version installed - Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.12.1
  • Display Devices - Asus MG279 2560x1440 @60Hz miniDP
  • Dell - P2414H 1920x1080 @60Hz DVD-D

• Mobo - Asus P8Z68-V Pro 0801
  • CPU/APU i7 2600k
  • Power Supply Unit - Corsair 650w
  • RAM - 16GB

With my old AMD GPU and CCC I could set up multiple configuration profiles of the 2 displays so that it was monitor 1 only, or monitor 2 only, or monitor 1 & 2 extended desktop. The profiles were then accessed via the CCC system tray icon. I used this when temporarily connecting a laptop to one or other of the monitors so that the desktop was using one monitor & the laptop used the other. Normal configuration is extended desktop.

With my new GPU came the crimson software which no longer seems to have this function. If I try to use eyefinity the displays disappear completely plus I don't think eyefinity was designed for this purpose. My only workaround at the moment seems to be to change the desktop via windows control panel each time which is a PITA.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

Re: Eyefinity - setup display group for two monitors

You might not like this answer Mike... but with win10 and the same vidcard I can configure my 3 monitors any way I want and switch from one config to another.. easily.

You're right, that's not what eyefinity is meant to do.

0 Likes
mike_b58
Journeyman III

Ok I'll bite. What do you do in win10? Bear in mind I'm using win7 here.

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

I skipped over win7 so I really don't know what your options are but this  win10 method is really simple.

1) choose "project" from notifications.

2) choose either PC screen only, extend, duplicate or second screen only.

3) done.

If you need to change your default screen that's available too in display settings (right click desktop)

I'll admit I liked the old days where you could use key combinations to invoke monitor arrangements but I find this win10 method acceptable.

0 Likes
mike_b58
Journeyman III

Ah ok. You are right but I don't think that feature is in win 7 unless it is hidden. Thanks anyway.

0 Likes