cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tugu
Journeyman III

every time i install driver i get BSOD

Every time I try to install AMD graphic drivers on my laptop it crashes and i get Blue Screen of death (Video TDR failure atikmpag.sys). After that i always have to restart by deleting all apps and there is no atikmpag.sys file on drivers folder. 

Specs:

HP pavillion g6

Device ID: BAA0922D-6C64-4C59-906A-DA9350F5E30A

CPU:Intel i5 2450M 2.50GHz

Integrated Gpu: intel hd 3000

Gpu: AMD Radeon 7600M series

Ram: 4GB

500GB HDD

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

1 Reply

Does it crash when you install HP own AMD Graphic driver with a BSOD?

Video_tdr_failure (atikmpag.sys) is a blue screen error triggered by a faulty, incompatible or corrupt graphic driver.

For the latest AMD Driver your Intel Graphics and CHIPSET drivers must be the latest. Also make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed.

Make sure your laptop is completely updated via Windows Update.

Your 7600M series GPU card whatever exact model you have installed is considered to be Legacy GPU which means AMD doesn't update it drivers anymore.

You have a choice of two drivers from AMD download page. I checked all the 76xxM GPU cards and they all have the same two drivers to download: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-7610m 

1- WHQL Driver version 15.7.1

2- BETA Driver version 16.2.1

If the HP AMD driver are almost the same date or year it is best to use HP own AMD driver which are customized to work 100% in your laptop.

Otherwise there are no other AMD driver updates for your AMD GPU card in your laptop.

0 Likes