cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stevenjt
Adept I

Every time I download drivers for my 5600xt I get the bsod and an endless repair loop.

I have a SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600 XT GPU. Every time that I try to install AMD Radeon to access and update the drivers my computer crashes and I get the bsod and an endless repair loop. I've tried downloading different version of Radeon but still run into the same problem. 

There is no issues when installing the other drivers for the motherboard, problems occur only when downloading drivers for my GPU.

Is my GPU faulty? Or is it something else?

Thanks,

7 Replies
friyayay
Adept II

I am having this issue now, and i have run out of return window, so i am either stuck with this card or gonna issue RMA. Have you found any solutions yet?

My problem is that windows would not get through the spinning dot bootup. It would crash right there and then the endless repair loop would start. I would only able to use my PC after booting to safe mode and uninstall the driver from there. Basically i am using windows basic display adapter right now..

Hello,

No, I never found a solution. 

I gave up and issued an RMA for repair/replacement and also went out and bought a GTX 1660 Super for my PC. 

The 1660 Super has had zero issues and actually runs games better than the 5600xt ever did, which is surprising because it was significantly cheaper.

Once I get the 5600xt back I will be selling it.

I will never buy an AMD GPU ever again. Even if they manage to fix their drivers.

Best,

Thank you for your response. Looks like i will issue RMA too then

Did you DDU the amd driver in safe mode during nvidia installation?

Glad that at least you are able to do your gaming session with your new card

Thank you, and sorry to hear that aswell. 

I did not DDU the drivers and instead opted for a fresh install of Windows 10 to clear any potential junk that might've been left over.

I also wanted the fresh install because there were other issues plaguing my PC so I just wanted a fresh start. No issues thus far, my PC is running like its brand new which is what I was going for.

Best,

rawintellect
Miniboss

Try repairing windows itself first before installing the video card driver.

open powershell (admin) and issue the following commands:

1. chkdsk c: /f
  2. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
  3. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
  4. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  5. SFC /scannow
0 Likes

I did all the above and beyond. I reinstall windows 10 while keeping my files, it does not work. I completely wipe my SSD and reinstall windows 10, it still does not work. I even downgraded to Windows 10 1903 for the sake of it, still does not work. I tried many version of adrenaline, current and previous ones, it does not work. all of them, windows 10 would not boot normally, always crashed during the spinning dot animation. Only able to safe boot and remove the drivers from there.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

If you've eliminated software then it seems hardware is the only remaining issue. A lot of us are having issues with NAVI. Installing drivers doesn't seem to be a common thread. The drivers themselves are. Good luck to you.

0 Likes