cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zairen
Newcomer

Ever since 18.4.1 version of the drivers, I've been experiencing horizontal blue lines flickering in CS:GO

Graphics card: R9 380

Processor: I58600k

I had this problem a couple weeks ago on 18.4.1, where horizontal lines would randomly appear over the entire screen, just flickering at random times while not affecting the game. Using DDU and reinstalling drivers (while not updating to 18.4.1) fixed the problem, but after yesterday's update it has started happening again (now even in the community browser menu in CS:GO). Blue lines appear exclusively ingame, while black lines appear in the menu. It's a huge nuisance and I would like to fix it immmediately.

I've tried reverting back to 18.4.1 to no avail. (same for 18.5.1). Played Fortnite and didn't notice it there, but last time it happened it only affected CS:GO.

EDIT: Bringing up my problem since no one helped me, I've tried to update to 18.6.1 and it hasn't helped at all. The only version that worked was 18.2 to which I am considering going back.

UPDATE: I am now on version 18.7.1 from 18.6.1 and it's still happening. What can I do to get rid of it?

0 Likes
1 Reply
angelicghost4
Journeyman III

in all honesty if you uninstall all the amd apps and then just install the video card driver it should go away, for some reason with there apps trying to modify programs it creates this scenario in a few games....fortnite being one of them...while playing the game after installing amd overclocking apps it ends up happening however without the apps and just the video driver installed it doesnt seem to happen, im pretty sure it is because the app tries to override the monitor/tv refresh rate, there are many bugs with there systems that they should be looking into and fixing right away otherwise gamers will end up going with a different company to use...i downloaded an overclocking program that wasnt amd after installing just the gpu driver and everything works perfectly,
i dont know how or why there apps cause so many issues but that would be a quick fix to allot of problems ive seen people having with them lately.
in my opinion they need to step up to the plate or let another gpu creater take there place

0 Likes