cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Cip
Adept II

Ethernet adapter is reset during AMD GPU driver installation

When I install the AMD GPU Adrenalin driver my Ethernet card is reset during this driver installation. 

I am not sure if this is the expected behavior during AMD GPU driver installation. 

1 Solution

I am on Windows 11.

Steps I have tried:

-  downgraded to 22.2.3.
During this downgrade the ethernet adapter was disabled again. 
- upgraded to 22.3.1 
- ethernet adapter was not disabled this time 
- used AMD cleanup tool and removed 22.3.1
- installed 22.3.1 again
The ethernet adapter was not disabled. 

I had TPM disabled due to the CPU stutter issues. 
I did reenabled TPM before using the AMD cleanup tool. 
I am not sure if the TPM and Windows 11 has a part in this behavior but it seems all is fine for now. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Nagrenol
Challenger

Yes I had the same thing also during this drivers installation (22.3.1)., something that I have never had happen before, after the prompted restart the net reconnected automatically.

@Ray_AMDsomething worth flagging?

0 Likes

Just so I understand your issue, what do you mean exactly ? You lose internet access while the driver is installing ? Does it come back after the installation ?

Are you using a Ryzen motherboard ? 

My mobo is an MSI Godlike x570.  
The ethernet adapter is disabled during the driver installation (22.3.1).
After the driver is installed it is enabled again. 
This is done without any interaction from me. 

Yes, I am loosing internet access during the driver installation. 

I will install a previous driver version and upgrade back to 22.3.1 to verify if this occurs again. 

0 Likes

Have you checked your OS and storage using Command Prompt as admin for file integrity issues or corrupted data? It's a quick and easy check that generally only takes 5 to 15 minutes depending on your build and the amount of data stored on your SSD/HDDs.

Windows 10 has a known problem with interfering with AMD software. Also after windows updates your OS will reset nearly all of your custom windows settings to default.

I've used Group Policy Editors and Registry Editors that have diminished windows ability to cause a lot of these issues but not all. One thing I always have to reset is the windows advanced setting display refresh rate that defaults back to 29MHz after every windows update. 

0 Likes

I am on Windows 11.

Steps I have tried:

-  downgraded to 22.2.3.
During this downgrade the ethernet adapter was disabled again. 
- upgraded to 22.3.1 
- ethernet adapter was not disabled this time 
- used AMD cleanup tool and removed 22.3.1
- installed 22.3.1 again
The ethernet adapter was not disabled. 

I had TPM disabled due to the CPU stutter issues. 
I did reenabled TPM before using the AMD cleanup tool. 
I am not sure if the TPM and Windows 11 has a part in this behavior but it seems all is fine for now.