cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Mastermind41
Journeyman III

Error when running AMD Radeon Software -Memory Could Not Be Read - Press Ok To Terminate the Program

For the past several days I have been unable to run the AMD Radeon software for my graphics card. I get the following error:

"The instruction at 0x00007FF793706D37 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program". 

I'm still able to play games and things, but I can no longer access the graphics card settings through this software. I have an RX580. I've noticed I've been getting occasional, similar crashes with other programs as well. I've run system file checker and it came up with no issues. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Radeon software, but it didn't fix anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply

Do you have any BSOD when your computer crashes?

Sounds like you may have defective RAM Memory.

I would run either Windows Memory Tester or best yet use MEMTEST86 (USB FLASH DRIVE) to check your RAM.

If your RAM passes without any errors than I would check your HDD/SDD by using in a elevated Command Prompt CHKDSK C: /f/X/R and it will say it will need to reboot to check your Windows drive.

I would also use OCCT To check your GPU card and vRAM to see if it passes without errors. Also your CPU and PSU.

0 Likes