cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elthebest
Adept I

Error installing driver version 2.1.6.1

Yesterday I tried to install the new driver 2.1.6.1 in order to test the new FSR technology in one game. Before updating, I uninstalled the old driver version 2.1.4.1 using DDU, during the installation the screen went blank, as it usually happens, then turned on with a black background, and no more reaction. Restarting the computer did not help, through Windows Safe Mode, I demolished the driver and tried to install it again, this time I managed to see a screen on which there was an installation error message, and it went out again. I have returned to version 2.1.4.1 so far.
P.S. My computer: CPU Xeon e1240v2
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
GPU: Vega 56 (Bios64)
RAM: 16Gb (Kingston)
SSD: AMD R5 240Gb
All drivers are the latest current versions.

0 Likes
1 Solution
elthebest
Adept I

Hooray! I beat AMD, but at what cost .. I found a solution without using a DisplayPort-DVI-D adapter and have already tested it, it works!
As for the method of treatment, before installing the new driver, I turned off 144Hz, and HDCP in the display settings (RadeonSoftware), made an export of the settings (21.5.2), installed the driver 21.6.1, imported the settings, and voila! Everything is working!
P.S Before updating to a new driver, you will most likely need to rotate this 'thing' with HDCP every time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Nagrenol
Challenger

Such a bloody time of it with their drivers.. always some issue.

I went to install  it and middle of installation it errored out and crash.. then suddenly all radeon software was uninstalled and the file I downloaded was also missing. I downloaded again and it installed as normal... !!!! 

0 Likes

I was able to install it first try, however, my performance dropped like a rock causing me to lose almost 50fps in BF3 so I reverted back to the 21.5.2 and all was well.

0 Likes
elthebest
Adept I

Hooray! I beat AMD, but at what cost .. I found a solution without using a DisplayPort-DVI-D adapter and have already tested it, it works!
As for the method of treatment, before installing the new driver, I turned off 144Hz, and HDCP in the display settings (RadeonSoftware), made an export of the settings (21.5.2), installed the driver 21.6.1, imported the settings, and voila! Everything is working!
P.S Before updating to a new driver, you will most likely need to rotate this 'thing' with HDCP every time.

0 Likes