cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amdhelpurs
Journeyman III

Error getting display drivers

Start up PC, can't start video game. go to device manager, GPU is disabled, right click GPU then properties, it says:
"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."
Right click GPU in device manager, click update driver:
"The best drivers for your device are already installed"

Latest Windows 10 updates, AMD 6700 XT, 22.5.1 of Adrenalin GPU drivers. I have already tried reinstalling the drivers from a factory reset, tried doing a repair installation of the drivers, reseated the GPU, reset CMOS, tried 22.7.1 of Adrenalin, unplugged everything from PC, monitor, many times, and tried the rest of the recommendations in the top 20 google searches for the Code 31 error. Tried easily 30 different potential solutions.

It's a toss up if the GPU will get disabled for this exact same reason when I start up my PC. It either happens everyday for a few days, or goes 5 days without being disabled. Reinstalling drivers temporarily fixes the issue. I don't know what else to do at this point. I need a permanent solution. The issue started happening after I reseat the GPU for an unrelated reason about a month ago. Did I brick it physically?

0 Likes
2 Replies
noxlar
Adept III

its driver issue that hasent been seen by amd yet it seems..

easy, fix..first try

uninstal amd software using windows uninstaller.

reset

install older driver instead

0 Likes

What exactly are you referring to by "windows uninstaller"? I can try this method if I know what you mean.

Thanks.

0 Likes