cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kaotik
Adept II

Error during chipset driver installation (2.01.15.2138)

I just noticed there was new chipset drivers released last week, so I downloaded and installed them

During installation, I got this error (see attached image)

chipseterror.jpg

However, after clicking OK the installer says everything installed succesfully.

Surely something wasn't done correctly if a installation script couldn't be run?

Windows 10 Pro x64 1909

Ryzen 7 3700X @ stock

Asus Prime X570 Pro

2x 8GB DDR4-3600 CL16

Samsung 960 Evo NVMe + 830 SSD + couple HDDs

Sound Blaster Zx

Seasonic 750W Focus+ Platinum

0 Likes
8 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

I had this issue too! I ended up going way back to amd_chipset_drivers_1.6.13.0400 and then installing the latest version on top of it. This fixed the error 1720 and everything installed correctly. Clearly they left out something in the installer package that the older versions had. So doing an "in place" upgrade fixes this issue.

0 Likes
needsnurfing
Adept II

error.png

Same issue.

0 Likes
dru
Adept II

This happened to me but when I looked at the Reliability History chart it seems to have installed all the files.

amd chip.jpg

I received the same error.  The only new driver appears to be the PCI driver, old V 1.0.0.74, new V 1.0.0.75.  My reliability history shows the same but note that both successful and unsuccessful summaries appear. When I look at current driver versions in device manager, both PCI drivers still show 1.0.0.74, not the newer 1.0.0.75 version included in the chipset driver package.  I will wait for a resolution from AMD; I'm not rolling back multiple versions to then try and get the latest version to install correctly.

0 Likes

Upon closer examination, my GPIO is 2.2.0.124 - so maybe Win10 stepped in to install the previous version?

at AMDmat ...Yes, I had the previous Chipset installed.

I had just Reset my PC (see the date below) because every time it came back from Sleep it would BSOD and say something about display driver blahblahblah.

It would also BSOD when Restarting...which meant that if I tried to go into Safe-Mode to clean out my driver it would BSOD, so I couldn't do a proper clean install.

So I reset the PC but of course when Resetting, the PC restarts...resulting in a BSOD...somehow Windows carried on with the installation after it recovered...twice...and that's my sob-story.

Sorry for hijacking the post.

amd gp.jpg

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post. 

Did you have any previous chipset drivers installed prior to downloading and installing these?

Hi,

Yes, I had older chipset drivers installed, probably 1.8.19.0915.

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

I had the problem , a little search on the internet gave me the solution : uninstall prévious chipset driver first

and what I do too to install these drivers : exectute the installer in admin mode and cut the internet connexion while installing (advice given by amd when I had problems with previous chipset driver install)