cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zekus
Newcomer

error 43, radeon settings not opening

I brought a new pc recently, installed with a radeon 470 RX card, however after trying out some games, I noticed im getting allot lower preformance than i should. Looking around, I realised that windows has disconnected the graphics card, with the "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)", and that it has been using the integrated graphics card since.

I also tried opening Radeon settings app, however, it gives me an error "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." Even though i have the latest driver installed.

I tried trouble shooting both of them from solutions online, however nothing has worked, I've completely uninstalled the device and drivers, and reinstalled cleanly, nothing. And I could find nothing online to solve this.

Why is this happening and how exactly do i fix it?

extra info, pc specs:

Core i7 4th gen

ram 16gb ddr3

Vga card RX 470 AMD

I've also attached a picture of both errors.

0 Likes
1 Reply
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Remove the installed display drivers for all (so Intel and AMD...) with DDU in Windows safe mode. Then install the latest display driver for AMD in Windows normal mode. Then try again. If you encounter the same error, try atikmdag patcher. Also make sure that you are using the appropriate driver for correct operating system.

0 Likes